Encouragement for Making Gifts, 2016 version ;)

judianne

Adding a Zero (dog from nightmare before christmas) lovey to my list. A friend of my son saw it online and texted me to ask if i could crochet it for her.

In return she -a talented artist - will draw a picture from Beauty and the Beast for me.

The picture was my idea, she offered to pay me but i cant take money from her.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my goodness ratdog. A Zero Lovey is on my list too, but for myself... ;)  That's great doing art trades. I love doing trades and swaps when I can find the time.

I will be back to my graph ghans tonight. Had to take a break over the weekend as I had to get the pony for my My little Pony plush swap finished. I had been having trouble with the pattern so I got another pattern. Well that one didn't turn out right either and when I looked the pattern back up, I saw that there was two versions of the same pattern and the one I was using skipped a VERY important step, so I had to rip the head completely apart and do it over. It is now mostly finished, going to do the final touches on Saturday and I will be able to mail it out on the 15th right on time.

I really like it and think I will make a few more when I find the time. I think they would be such a cute item to make and sell at a craft show, if I ever get to do a craft show.

Adding a Zero (dog from nightmare before christmas) lovey to my list. A friend of my son saw it online and texted me to ask if i could crochet it for her.

In return she -a talented artist - will draw a picture from Beauty and the Beast for me.

The picture was my idea, she offered to pay me but i cant take money from her.

I did the same thing with a cousin in law - she painted a beautiful likeness of our pups and wouldn't even take postage! I made her a gorgeous scarf with unforgettable yarn in her fav colors as a thank you.

Made most of this last night during the olympics bradcast. Finished it this morning.

Did I mention that the girl who asked for it is 19 and wants it for herself?

Love it when "cool teens" are still kids.

It is a free pattern on ravelry.

post-23494-0-82998300-1471008900_thumb.jpg

Made most of this last night during the olympics bradcast. Finished it this morning.

Did I mention that the girl who asked for it is 19 and wants it for herself?

Love it when "cool teens" are still kids.

It is a free pattern on ravelry.

awww...sweet! Is that a rabbit lovie? And on ravelry, you said. 

Progress on afghans, Should I start on another one? LOL... I probably would if I could find a butterfly pattern or hummingbird pattern that I really liked. I have so many other things I want to make before Christmas but I really don't think anything is going to get done till these afghans are finished. I have things I want to make for friends.. I have a friend I want to make a dragon afghan for but can't find a dragon I love enough either that looks good once transferred to pattern.

53/233 sonic
79/150 steelers          

Love the ghost dog.  Yeah it warms my heart when a teenager asks and like something.

Well, while the shawl/scarf was on timeout, I made a couple of dishcloths and a pot holder.  I sent 2 out yesterday.  The third one will go out next week.

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/157640-holiday-and-cat-dishcloths-potholderimage-heavy/

Progress on afghans, Should I start on another one? LOL... I probably would if I could find a butterfly pattern or hummingbird pattern that I really liked. I have so many other things I want to make before Christmas but I really don't think anything is going to get done till these afghans are finished. I have things I want to make for friends.. I have a friend I want to make a dragon afghan for but can't find a dragon I love enough either that looks good once transferred to pattern.

53/233 sonic

79/150 steelers          

Have you looked at one dog woof?  She has a dragon you might like.  She has the whole Chinese zodiac in graphs for c2c afghans.  Even if it is small, you could surround it with blank c2c squares the same size or make several of the dragons.

Just a thought.

Oh wow Judy that is looking great.

A couple of more days and I will be done with my shawl/scarf.  Now I know why I like crocheting over knitting.  It takes FOREVER.

Have a fun day.

Adding to my list:

Dr Who /4th doctor scarf. I am going to try Knooking for that. I have until October 30th to finish.

Name doily for my sister and BIL for their Anniversary which is October 12.

Also still need to make those sea shell squares but will wait until next week when the house is quiet! Sending both kids to college Friday

Oh wow Judy that is looking great.Thanks!

A couple of more days and I will be done with my shawl/scarf.  Now I know why I like crocheting over knitting.  It takes FOREVER.

Have a fun day.

It takes me forever to knit - because once I get the hang of it again, I don't keep it up and never get any sort of speed going.

Adding to my list:

Dr Who /4th doctor scarf. I am going to try Knooking for that. I have until October 30th to finish.

Name doily for my sister and BIL for their Anniversary which is October 12.​That sounds pretty! Looking forward to seeing a picture when it's done.

Also still need to make those sea shell squares but will wait until next week when the house is quiet! Sending both kids to college Friday

A quiet house is nice :c9

Holy Macaroni!  and I am fussing about my little graphgahn... you are an artist for sure!

Getting ready to watch some olympics and hook a bit now!

Thanks! I started off with written directions for graphs - and have made some huge ones - but I love the flexibility of the technique: I've made bags, baby ghans, etc.  This pattern has turned out to be more of a monster than I thought it would!!

I really love seeing the image emerge. That's what keeps me chugging along. Over the years I've posted pics to my blog of most of the ones I've made.

Good Morning.

Put the shawl/scarf away and picked up the next tote.  Can you believe I had to rip the tote out a couple of times.  For some reason I could not get the count right.  Tampa Guy (TG) asked what the heck was wrong, after all I have done over 100 of these.  I told him the knit side of my brain is in the way. :rofl

Good Morning.

Put the shawl/scarf away and picked up the next tote.  Can you believe I had to rip the tote out a couple of times.  For some reason I could not get the count right.  Tampa Guy (TG) asked what the heck was wrong, after all I have done over 100 of these.  I told him the knit side of my brain is in the way. :rofl

:rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl

Good Morning.

I could see how that could be a problem! LOL!

Daphne, have you asked on the Forum if anyone knows where you might find some patterns?

I haven't yet, I know if I find one that I love I'm going to want to start it also! LOL

Have you looked at one dog woof?  She has a dragon you might like.  She has the whole Chinese zodiac in graphs for c2c afghans.  Even if it is small, you could surround it with blank c2c squares the same size or make several of the dragons.

Just a thought.

I love that dragon, I haven't considered it because I haven't done C2c yet. It looks so confusing to me for some reason. I'll have to think on it. And, thank you for the link and the idea!

A progress pic from a couple of days agoattachicon.gifpost-8552-0-01364200-1471023903_thumb.jpg

Oh wow, coming along so nice!!! LOVE it.

Daphne, don't feel out of the loop - I have never even attempted a c2c either!

I'm at the top of the eagle's head - all white, with the background color on each side :yay

I have done c2c place mats, but I am nervous in doing an afghan.  I am going to try though.  I love her graphs and have downloaded all of them for future.

The tote is almost done.  I am finishing the pocket and then I will put it together.

When that is done it is back to the shawl/scarf.  I only have a couple of more patterns to do on it.

I heard from my SIL.  She said the women at the American Legion loved the stuff I sent up for the Silent Auction.  They especially loved the bottle cap hot pad I sent.  It fascinated them.  It was done in the shape of grapes.

Well off to see what trouble I can get into.

Have a fun day.

Archived