Encouragement for Making Gifts, 2016 version ;)

judianne

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okayyyy about 1/10th of the way done with the graphghan... thought I would have next week to work on it  a bunch but ds#1 called and I will be on baby duty til Wed... ahh well... I 'll take a grandbaby any day!

Hi everybody! I took a little break I guess! I love coming on here when I'm being productive and crocheting but if I put the hook down for a few weeks, I forget to check in on everyone. How's everyone's summer? I've been pretty busy but not too bad. I really have no good reason for not crocheting but I wasn't in the mood. However I've made some progress on my big granny square Link blanket for my brother! I am on the last color of squares and I'm low on motivation so I'm moving at a snail's pace. That is the only project I've spent any time doing. Ugh, summer fail! And now I have to get back to the classroom and get ready for school again.

In other news, it looks like maternal Grandma isn't going to hang on much longer. She has had Alzheimer's for a few years and this week she stopped eating and drinking. My mom does not sound optimistic and to be honest, I hope she goes soon. No one should have to live like that (if you can even call that living) or see their mother like that. Breaks my heart. I lost my other grandma in April this year too. Not too impressed with 2016.

I've missed you guys!

Hi, Charis - I can empathize with having to watch your grandmother slowly decline. My sweet MIL had an ALS type of disease and I remember the day she turned away and refused a drink from the cup I offered her :cry   Hugs to everyone....and you're right: the end of life is often not at all about living. :hug  :hug  :hug

Just dropped in to show you what I just finished while the shawl/scarf is in timeout.

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/157592-christmas-elf-pencil-topper/

Here are the pencil toppers I made.  Have to go now.

They're so cute! And instant gratification!!

For those interested in graph work but the thought of the tangled mess of bobbins deters you....

I got an email post from The Twisted Yarn blog. She uses those big brown butterfly hair clips! Says it works with virtually any amount of yarn and shows them actually clipped to her work. I'm definitely going to get some!

For those interested in graph work but the thought of the tangled mess of bobbins deters you....

I got an email post from The Twisted Yarn blog. She uses those big brown butterfly hair clips! Says it works with virtually any amount of yarn and shows them actually clipped to her work. I'm definitely going to get some!

I saw a youtube video of a crocheter using jumbo clothespins she got at the dollar tree. SHe clipped those to her work when she turned. I have been unable to find these at the dollar tree and online they are like $11 for 5 of them and I ain't paying that for them. I never thought of the butterfly clips. Which ones specifically, can you show us a picture?

That is a new idea for hair clips.

Got two of my dishcloths done, going to work on a couple of more today.  It is so dark and dreary here today, I am better off making small projects.

Have a good day today everyone.

Thank you I actually have that pattern book.  It was given to me in a swap.  Thanks for thinking of me.

I found a cool dragon pattern for free, but one problem.  It is in German, French or some other language. :think   So :sigh I guess I will keep looking.

Good Morning.  I have some time between storms to jump on the computer.  We have had nothing but rain and thunder storms for about 3 days. :storm   We are suppose to be like this till Thurs? :eek

Nothing much going on. I am watching Dr. Who and just don't get it.   

How is everyone's day going?

Have fun today.

Thank you I actually have that pattern book.  It was given to me in a swap.  Thanks for thinking of me.I'm so glad you have it - it looks good! But no....I'm not going to fiddle with dolls...lol!

I found a cool dragon pattern for free, but one problem.  It is in German, French or some other language. :think   So :sigh I guess I will keep looking.Can you send me the link? I always like to see if I can figure out the language or even translate. I know enough French to get into trouble...

Good Morning.  I have some time between storms to jump on the computer.  We have had nothing but rain and thunder storms for about 3 days. :storm   We are suppose to be like this till Thurs? :eekBLECH!

Nothing much going on. I am watching Dr. Who and just don't get it.   I don't get Dr. Who either - I'm a Sherlock addict - all of them!

How is everyone's day going?

Have fun today.

Worked more on Mr. Eagle. Now he's downstairs so I can weave in some more ends...

Corned beef is cooking :D

Have a good rest of the day everyone!

I got a surprise in my e-mail.  Sandra translated this pattern for me.  Thank you so much.  it is now sitting in my folder of to do patterns.

Tampa Guy also translated it for me and he thought it was cute, but a lot of parts.

Finally getting a move on the shawl/scarf.  As I thought it was all in my head.  I have not done cable for quite a while and it really threw me.

Well have a great day everyone.

Mary Jo - it looks like German to me - or Dutch? Anyway I see someone translated it for you ! YAY!  And Tampa Guy is right: A LOT OF PARTS!!!

I wove in a lot of ends on Mr. Eagle last evening....

Mary Jo - it looks like German to me - or Dutch? Anyway I see someone translated it for you ! YAY!  And Tampa Guy is right: A LOT OF PARTS!!!

I wove in a lot of ends on Mr. Eagle last evening....

I thought it was German, then Tampa Guy went on Google Translator and asked what language it was and it said Dutch.  He then translated it and I also got an translation from Sandra.  I am set. 

This group makes me smile all the time.  Between their stories and generosity they amaze me everyday.

I thought it was German, then Tampa Guy went on Google Translator and asked what language it was and it said Dutch.  He then translated it and I also got an translation from Sandra.  I am set. 

This group makes me smile all the time.  Between their stories and generosity they amaze me everyday.

:manyheart

By Christmas I need to finish Jeremy's graph ghan ( by Sept 9th)

2 baskets for small trucks and cars ( with appliques)

1 puppy afghan..

I am sooooo far behind.. I wish life would slow down so I can sit down and hook!

Lea, maybe you would feel better if you made a small item right now - taking a mini break from the graph ghan? I can't wait to get back to small things...

Yeah Lea, you can do it.  Sometimes like judianne said, make an applique and then go back.  It helps to have a small project sitting there.

My shawl/scarf is out of timeout.  I figured out my problem and it was as I thought.  My mind was playing with me.  After finishing a few of the pattern, it looks right. :bang 

Well, off to see what the world has to offer.

Archived