Encouragement for Making Gifts, 2016 version ;)

judianne

Good Morning

Lea, it was just the blood test.  He sees the Dr. on Monday.  It is just his 3 month visit to make sure everything is working.  It will be our last visit with her.  We start with the new Dr. in Sept.  Oh fun.

I just need to put the tote together, which means UGH :yuck  sewing. 

I have to dress another doll and finally look for a new pattern for a baby blanket.

Didn't get to Michaels, as by the time I was finished with the grocery store, I was beat.  As we were coming out, the SCAT bus was starting to empty.  Oh SCAT stands for Senior Citizen Attack Team. :rofl  :rofl   In Jersey, they had busses that picked up Seniors and took them to Dr. Appointments, grocery stores and the Senior Center.  The side of the bus reads SCAT, not sure what it really means, but we use to get a kick out of it.

Doing laundry and soon to be on my crocheting chair.

Have fun everyone.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning

Lea, it was just the blood test.  He sees the Dr. on Monday.  It is just his 3 month visit to make sure everything is working.  It will be our last visit with her.  We start with the new Dr. in Sept.  Oh fun.

I just need to put the tote together, which means UGH :yuck  sewing. 

I have to dress another doll and finally look for a new pattern for a baby blanket.

Didn't get to Michaels, as by the time I was finished with the grocery store, I was beat.  As we were coming out, the SCAT bus was starting to empty.  Oh SCAT stands for Senior Citizen Attack Team. :rofl  :rofl   In Jersey, they had busses that picked up Seniors and took them to Dr. Appointments, grocery stores and the Senior Center.  The side of the bus reads SCAT, not sure what it really means, but we use to get a kick out of it.

Doing laundry and soon to be on my crocheting chair.

Have fun everyone.

SCAT BUS... Golly I just had to laugh on that one!!!

Anything new for the 4th of JUly table MJ?

I worked on a dish cloth tonight... isn't that  exciting LOL... tomorrow I can start some big projects... HUgs~ Lea

I worked on some more of Little Tribble's blanket. I have about 16 rows of 230 completed. I am never going to get this one done :no , and I am usure how far I am on Mr Tribbles blanket. These graphgans are so time consuming.  I have so many things I want to make, but I am making myself work on these blankets so I can try and have them done by Christmas. \

For all of you that have done graphgans, what type of border do you like to use on these?

Hi Daphne!

First, You amaze me - working on two graph ghans at once!

The patterns for my graph ghans are usually simple - I had one that was suggested by the owner of a pattern site and use that a lot (not permitted to share the site here on CV).  I also have a book of patterns I browse for edgings that I use sometimes - Crochet Around the Corner, I think it's called. I can verify that if you'd like. 

But, because I don't want to distract the eye from all the hard work on the graphs I often improvise and usually edge with a couple of rounds of HDC and the last row is a either a sc round or a crab stitch (rev sc) if I still have the energy. There's also a stitch I play with: sc in a stitch, 2 dc in same  st, sk 1 stitch (or 2), sc in next st, 2 dc in same st, etc. The corners, well, I improvise there: it ends up as a shell many times (5 dc). You have to see what you need for the edge to lay flat. Sorry I can't be more precise.

Let me know what you decide!

Good Morning everyone.

The last 2 graph ghans I made, I just used  a sc border with 3sc in each corner.  I wanted the graph to stand out.

Lea, I have not made anything new for the table this year, but hmmmmmmmmmmmmm I have a few days before that happens, maybe I can find the time.

The heat is on and I just checked the pool temp. (86 degrees) it is like getting into a warm bath.

I just have to finish the pocket for the tote and get it ready for it's picture.  Here is a hint.  Think Florida Citrus.

Well off to get my first cup and get dressed.

Hi Daphne!

First, You amaze me - working on two graph ghans at once!

The patterns for my graph ghans are usually simple - I had one that was suggested by the owner of a pattern site and use that a lot (not permitted to share the site here on CV).  I also have a book of patterns I browse for edgings that I use sometimes - Crochet Around the Corner, I think it's called. I can verify that if you'd like. 

But, because I don't want to distract the eye from all the hard work on the graphs I often improvise and usually edge with a couple of rounds of HDC and the last row is a either a sc round or a crab stitch (rev sc) if I still have the energy. There's also a stitch I play with: sc in a stitch, 2 dc in same  st, sk 1 stitch (or 2), sc in next st, 2 dc in same st, etc. The corners, well, I improvise there: it ends up as a shell many times (5 dc). You have to see what you need for the edge to lay flat. Sorry I can't be more precise.

Let me know what you decide!

Thanks Judianne - no one ever said I had the best ideas :lol  :yes  Are you allowed to send me a pm of the site? I would like to look at it. Searching for the crochet around the corner thanks for the help!

Good Morning everyone.

The last 2 graph ghans I made, I just used  a sc border with 3sc in each corner.  I wanted the graph to stand out.

Lea, I have not made anything new for the table this year, but hmmmmmmmmmmmmm I have a few days before that happens, maybe I can find the time.

The heat is on and I just checked the pool temp. (86 degrees) it is like getting into a warm bath.

I just have to finish the pocket for the tote and get it ready for it's picture.  Here is a hint.  Think Florida Citrus.

Well off to get my first cup and get dressed.

Thanks Mary Jo. I like the idea of the ease of this. I am all about easy borders!!!! :yes

Hi, Daphne- sorry, but I'm not allowed to share the site. I started using it years ago before I knew about possible copyright issues with some of them. Try ravelry. A quick search should help you out.

Look what I found on Revelry - and it's free

Crocheted Consulting Detective

....for this who don't know me, I am a Cumberbatch, Jeremy Brett, and Basil Rathbone addict!

Good Morning everyone.

Well, the tote is done and ready for it's close-up.  I will now get back to my dolls and I found the yarn I was looking for.

Someone had Caron Cuddle Soft in the Baby Green in their stash.  She is sending me 4 count them 4 skeins.  This is so cool.  I love this place.

Off for a 3 month Dr. appointment this morning.  Will check in again later.

Mary Jo - wow...another hoarder  crocheter steps up to the plate!! That feels so good knowing you won't have to settle for a different yarn.

Looking for the newest tote picture!!!

I have one and a half rounds of the border and a few ends to tuck away and baby ghan is finished!

Good Morning everyone.

No where to go this morning and nothing to do but crochet.  I can catch up on my WIPS and get things ready to go out.

Still waiting for the rain they have promised, but so far everyone but us have gotten it.

Have a great day everyone.

Good morning all! DH and I had a great time at universal studios over the weekend. Had to work yesterday but have the next few days free.

I think I will work on a few other tasks before getting back to crochet. Then I will start the seashell motif squares for my sisters blanket.

Have a great day!

Hi peeps!

Blankie is finished! Measures 32 by 30 and the border is number 27 from Edie Eckman's book of crochet borders. The flowers....and red tongue of the pup - were my embellishments.

post-8552-0-21891800-1467198073.jpg

That is so cute and amazing.  The border you picked is perfect.

Up early, got my chores done and now thinking about going in the pool.  I don't know what the temp is, but just imagine a tub full of warm water.

Finally getting back to my list of things to make.

Have a fun day.

Daphne, the exact title of the book: Around the Corner Crochet Borders by Edie Eckman.

Thank you!!! :hug

Hi peeps!

Blankie is finished! Measures 32 by 30 and the border is number 27 from Edie Eckman's book of crochet borders. The flowers....and red tongue of the pup - were my embellishments.

So pretty! I love the purple.

I finished the older GD's blanket for Christmas. This is the pattern: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/owl-always-love-you-4

attachicon.gifowl blanket.JPG

Turned out great!

Hi, Mary Jo! I hope you're enjoying your pool!

Mona, I get that feeling a lot when I see patterns! They speak to me!

I have to run over to AC Moore later to exchange one Caron Pounder I have leftover from Polar Bear for a different color, buy another pounder in black, and I need light grey heather for part of the eagle pattern that I'm making next.

Have a good day ladies!

Archived