LadiBug329

Brand / make recommendation of a J and K hook

I have never used a hook larger than an I (average hook size is G-H for me) and have a couple projects with thick and bulky yarn that recommends a J or K hook. 

I don't like a heavy or bulky hook, and I've not cared for the plastic hooks in the smaller sizes. 

I have a Jimbo hook in an "I" that I absolutely love, and I also have 2 Turn Of the Century hooks I use all the time in G & H.  I know I'd have a winner with Jimbo's hook, but wasn't sure about a J or K in the TOC hooks.  Can anyone offer any feedback?

Also, I considered a bamboo (Clover) in those sizes, but the stores near me do not have them and online ordering doesn't give much more than a picture in a package.

Any advice or guidance you ladies can offer will be greatly appreciated.

;o)

I could maybe rustle you up a J or K.  Got lots of respect for TOC though.  Can't remember the guy's name, but he actually enouraged my hook making way back when.  Not something you'd expect from a potential competitor.  Good guy.  Good hooks.

I have the Bates Bamboo in all the larger sizes and like them.  I tend to crochet a bit tightly so having the mix of a metal hook with a bamboo handle works well for me. 

I use the standard aluminum Susan Bates J & K hooks.  They may not have an ergonomic handle, but they are light weight and I love the pointed tip and deep groove of the Susan Bates hooks.

I also use the Susan Bates hooks. For the larger yarns, the Bates slightly more pointy end is helpful for getting into bulky stitches.

I'm completely addicted to Clover-Amour hooks and now they offer K size and up, and also more steel hook sizes. In fact I just ordered 4 large sizes from Amazon.com. Love 'em for arthritic hands.

• Like 1

Really belated, but I have ToCs in sizes from G to K, and I've loved them.

I have a K in African Blackwood and two Js (one in Bubinga, the other in Anjico). Tough, and go through the yarn easy like hot knives through butter.