Leisure Arts Crochet Shrugs

nittany168

Question

Has anyone made the shrug that's on the cover. I did the gauge swatch, and measured myself, decided on a Med. The pattern starts at the bottom edge then goes up. I've finished the bottom edge and it seems too big. Maybe its supposed to be that way. I would rather frog it now :2frog, not when its half done. Any ideas?

Kathy

7 answers to this question

Have you tried to hold it around your body the way it will fit when it is done? I had that problem last night, but the other way around. I got a shrug pattern and the beginning part was too small. But I held it up and decided it was too small and added some chains to the beginning to fix it.

I've already made the black one shown inside the book. This one is gorgeous. I've finished the bottom band, it goes around me and its one motif too big. From the picture on the cover it does look a little loose. I'm going to keep going and see how it turns out.

Kathy

I mad the one on the front too, but I am ashamed to say that it measured too big on me too after I got the edging done, but I continued to do the whole thing, including the sleeves, then tried it on and realized how large it was! The sleeves were a bit too long and the shrug itself came almost to my waist instead of under the bustline! I never put the tie on it - its now shoved in a drawer so I won't have to look at it. I measured a medium too. I wanted to make the blue shrug on the back cover too but am now afraid to tackle it!:angry

Lynn

Thanks for the help. Thats what I figured. The edging was way too big. I havent started the sleeves yet. My sister and daughter are both plus size, so if I decide to finish it I can allways gift it.

Kathy

I am making this shrug right now. I started it and realized how wide it looked. I ended up ripping back and taking off 2 of the motifs for the edging, to make it in the extra small size for my daughter. I have to have her try it on to see if it will work now. Wish you all luck (and myself LOL)

Best,

Stacey

Archived