yarn ball Christmas wreath

Hi all,

WEll i finished this just today, and don't be fooled , as it turned out to be a bit more work that at first I thought it would be, but worth it, as i THINKit turned out really cute!! HERE IT BE in all it's almost seasonable beauty!! scrumptious!!

post-40621-0-16882200-1415056165_thumb.jpg

post-40621-0-53102400-1415056187_thumb.jpg 

the two spaces that look lke there is nothing there, are white balls, but against my white door, they didn't show up too well, trust me, every available space was balled!! lol  i used pretty much ideas from a lot of vids on how to make one, so used he best fit for me, and what I had on hand. You could embellish it anyway you want, millions of ways to do one!! lol Next one I make, will be for the inside for the living room, or kitchen me thinks, wheels already turning!! It was fun!

thanks all, no, i didn't use foam balls,but that is a way to do it too, but  I watched a vid, and she crumpled up newspaper, and rolled into a ball, and then wrapped yarn around that and grew the ball that way, with a whole lot less yarn used than just using the yarn, so I tried it, it worked for me, you can't tell, plus it came out a lot lighter to hang that using full reg, yarn balls, lol..You can use styrafoam balls, I just didn't have any lying around, when I wanted to make the balls ha ha. Only thing about using newspaper crumpled up,is that i would not hang this out in the weather...it will go in between the front door, and the storm door. and that is a glass full view, so it will show up very nicely! .

becky, it is a styraffoam wreath, the flatter ones, not the round ones, that I got at Michael's for about 7 bucks... I then wrapped it with burlap mesh green stuff, in the ribbon section at Michaels, and then commenced making balls, wrapping yarn around crumpled up newspapers rolled tightly into a ball shape,  Then came the gluing down of the ends of the balls, and pinning in a somewhat designed pattern around the wreath fillin in spaces, and such with smaller balls.. takes a while to make one, but in the end it ws worth it.....

Archived