Here is my simple moss stitch baby blanket pattern. You can make it bigger by working additional stitches in your beginning chain and by crocheting more rows. I crocheted 50 rows to make a small baby blanket that measure 22 inches wide by 22 inches long.

14419273334_4bb1cf95f6.jpg

Moss Stitch Preemie Baby Blanket Pattern

Chain 95 using a H (5 mm) crochet hook.

Row 1:
Slip stitch into the 3rd stitch from the hook and then *Hdc in the next stitch, slip stitch into the next stitch*. Repeat between * across the row.

Row 2:
Chain 2, turn. Skip first stitch and slip stitch into the next stitch. *Hdc in next stitch and then slip stitch into the next stitch.* Repeat between * across the row. End each row with a slip stitch into the very end stitch of row to square up the edge.

Row 3:
Repeat row 2 until you reach desired length of blanket.

Tip: Make sure you work a slip stitch into the Hdc of the prior row and Hdc in the slip stitch of the prior row as you work the pattern across each row.

I worked 50 rows in the moss stitch before crocheting the border for my preemie blanket.

Border:
Starting in a corner, chain 1 and Sc evenly around each side, working 3 Sc in each corner space. Join with a slip stitch into the beginning chain 1.

Next border row:
Chain 1, *Sc in next stitch, skip 2 stitches, and work 6 Dc in next stitch, skip next 2 stitches*. Repeat between * around blanket and join with a slip stitch into the beginning chain 1. Finish off.

Written pattern by RecycleCindy of MyRecycledBags.com

Love it! Thanks so much for sharing the pattern...I make blankets for a NICU and this would be a great one to make....even if I had to use up odds and ends...the nurses love colorful blankets since it lightens up the sterile look of the unit....

Archived