Sweetheart Doll for Valentine's Day

#1Crochetfan

Pheww!!  I got her done for a gift in time to hand deliver her tomorrow.  I guess I tend to wait until last minute and here I am using my hair dryer to get the stiffener and glue to dry quick.  Even though there are lots of parts and lots of gluing and stiffening, I really love this pattern.  The hearts that go around the bottom of the dress are absolutely gorgeous and I love the lacy stitch the designer uses.  My version lacks the feathers and pearl earrings, but I really feel like they would be too much and aren't necessary.

This is a link to the pattern but you do need to join in order to get the free pattern:

http://www.free-crochet.com/detail.html?code=FC00175&cat_id=1

Here is the one I made that will be leaving me tomorrow-

post-3193-0-04099500-1391819988_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all the nice comments.

She was difficult to part with but the recipient loves her so it was worth the work.

Tampadoll>"She is beautiful. I love that pattern, but it scares me a bit. I do have it on my list. "

You are an awesome crocheter so all you need to do is improvise. We've been having such bad weather lately that I haven't been able to go too far, so I didn't have the right size styrofoam ball for the head nor did I have the right size styrofoam cone to help shape the body. I didn't have an egg at all, but worked with what I had laying around the house and she came out okay.

Archived