Quick Survey: 2013 Crochet Pattern Spending Habits

The National Needlearts Association recently conducted a survey on the crochet pattern spending habits of crochet enthusiasts. They generally reach yarn store customers with their surveys, and not so much craft store customers.

Our membership and site visitors tend to represent a much broader range across both yarn store and craft store customers.

We'd like to collect some data from our site members and visitors and Facebook page fans.

Would you consider taking a few minutes to answer this completely anonymous survey?

We'll let you know the results as soon as we've collected enough data for the results to be meaningful.

Thank you so much!

Feel free to discuss the topic here, too, if you wish!

Answer the Survey

Since I do not buy individual patterns, I had to divide the number of patterns in the magazines and books I bought into the total I spent on those publications.  That's why the most and least expensive patterns had the same price.

Just saw on the facebook page that Amy wants to know about purchases in any form, single patterns, magazines etc.

I think i bought fewer last yr than in previous yrs. and i don't think of the magazines i buy as just collections of patterns, there are articles too and i like looking at the yarn ads !

Books count as patterns, too. Go ahead and include the cost of a book as your highest price paid.

This is meant to be a quick, informal survey, not a super-scientific one. :)

I answered based on price of magazines and books, as i don't think i bought any single patterns in 2013. I didn't buy very many books/mags either. Got a couple as gifts. Checked out a lot of library books too. Downloaded a lot of free patterns.

I have only bought one individual pattern and that was a few years ago. I am constantly buying books and leaflets (I did answer the questionnaire though), so far my collection is over 400 (and that is a reserved guess).

LI Roe

Archived