Don't you just hate.......

Don't you just hate starting a project and putting it down for over a month and then picking it back up and losing were you were and then having to start over?

That's what just happened with this chunky cables decorative throw i was working on!!!!!!!

I'm have to start all the way over cause I could not figure out which row I stopped on...plus i think i messed up.....

Sigh

I sometimes (note I said "sometimes:lol ) put a note with my WIP, with all the important information such as hook size, pattern name (If I haven't enclosed the pattern itself) and yarn type, colors, etc.  If the project is small enough yet, I'll put it in a plastic ziplock bag, or grocery bag, etc.  

And then----then I promptly lose the whole thing for a year or two!! :rofl

Seriously--I do try to do this, and it really helps.  I also have tried writing all this info in a notebook--but have had little success keeping the notebook in a place I can find it when I need it!  Can you tell I'm seriously addle-brained??!

Another solution is to write all your info down on a piece of paper and safety pin it onto the project itself--now THAT works pretty well, as long as you remember to write the row number you stopped on!!! :heehee

Whichever method you try--GOOD LUCK!!

LOL I had a post it note with my rows count on it and i would mark off the row as I went, but I could not remember if I did row 26 or not....Plus I figured out i was doing my posts wrong. I am a horrible serial starter....

• 4 weeks later...

I found a UFO with the pattern, hook, yarns etc. from when I first started :crocheting. When I tried to finish it, I did the trc right, but it looked wrong. I turns out I was doing the trc stitch wrong back when I started. I thought I would have to frog it all, but decided I liked the way the old work looked. I only froged the 2 new rows and went back to doing the trc "wrong". It turned out great, nobody new it was wrong and loved it. I always try to finish projects within a year :lol .

Ellie 13

Archived