2014 Firsties!

Braxxi

I thought it might be fun to have a CAL to share the first items everyone makes this year!

Tell us about your first project of the year, ask questions, post pics and join the fun!

Here goes! I was getting tired of my feet being cold all the time so I decided I'd make some thick, wool slipper boots. I started them on the 31st and spent 2 days adjusting the "Buttoned-Cuff Boots" pattern from "Slippers by the Dozen" to fit the way I wanted. I decided to use LB Wool-Ease Thick & Quick to make them. I made a double sole as well (cold floors). I got them done this evening. Here's my first project of 2014:

post-21933-0-47280000-1388715467_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well, let me think...we make things constantly in our crochet club...the first thing I completed was a shawl, I believe.  It's already been turned in to the Prayer shawl Ministry, so sorry--no pic!  It was dark blue with little flecks in it (don't know the color name--there were no wrappers on the skeins!!)  Our Prayer Shawl Ministry is very low on shawls, and in dire need of them, so we usually just make them all dc, in order to get them done quickly.  We've already turned in 12 prayer shawls since January began!

Archived