crochet a sewing horse pattern

I think I asked this before,I got a horse pattern for sewing and I really liked it ,but I'm not sure just how about crocheting it,any help would really be great

Lay out the paper and crochet so it fits.  Yeah, I know - not very helpful.

This is pretty much what I would do too!  Just crochet till it looks right lol.  But I agree it doesn't really tell a person how to do it  ;)

The thing is, fabric is flat and you have to sew seams to get it to be round or tubular.  With crochet, you can just make it round/tubular  from the start, with no seams; so I think just following a sewing pattern in crochet and seaming wouldn't look as nice as a pattern designed for crochet.

I know you design dolls; First I'd think you'd have to work out your crochet gauge.  Then you could try cutting the pattern out in fabric and pinning it; where flat pieces are seamed to make a curve, you'd have to make decreases or increases in your crochet fabric .   The reason I'm suggesting to pin it is you may have to take it apart to make measurements from time to time.  This would be rather challenging!

Why re-invent the wheel when there are so many horse patterns out there already? Have you looked at the images in google for some ideas? They may get your thinking going in the right direction.

Think of using other animal patterns too, Nativity sets and other farm animals have body pattens that could be used with just a few changes.

Grannysquare Yes I think that's what I'll do ,I was hopeing I'd find a better or simpler way,thanks for verifying what I should do

Mattenlou  the reason I want to use this pattern is the look of the horse with some alterations it will be suitable to go with my Dowling Dolls

Why re-invent the wheel when there are so many horse patterns out there already? Have you looked at the images in google for some ideas? They may get your thinking going in the right direction.

Think of using other animal patterns too, Nativity sets and other farm animals have body pattens that could be used with just a few changes.

The thing is, fabric is flat and you have to sew seams to get it to be round or tubular.  With crochet, you can just make it round/tubular  from the start, with no seams; so I think just following a sewing pattern in crochet and seaming wouldn't look as nice as a pattern designed for crochet.

I know you design dolls; First I'd think you'd have to work out your crochet gauge.  Then you could try cutting the pattern out in fabric and pinning it; where flat pieces are seamed to make a curve, you'd have to make decreases or increases in your crochet fabric .   The reason I'm suggesting to pin it is you may have to take it apart to make measurements from time to time.  This would be rather challenging!

You know what you could do is crochet flat pieces, whipstitching plastic canvas pieces inside to add stability for the horse. You could add a crocheted strip to close up the back of the two heads and continue down the heads, along the body pieces- to seam it, forming a seat and end along the but area. I don't think I have seen anything like that done and it could be cute looking.?

Btw, I love your dolls.:)

Archived