County Fair Entry -- Opinions Requested

KimVH

Question

I am trying to decide whether to include the afghan as part of a layette or keep it separate. If I include it, then I will use the rainbow afghan as my afghan entry. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

post-9112-0-84561100-1374030341_thumb.jpgpost-9112-0-36021400-1374030356_thumb.jpgpost-9112-0-27116000-1374030373_thumb.jpgpost-9112-0-03275800-1374030386_thumb.jpg

9 answers to this question

All  three are lovely and visually interesting in their own way. 

If you were submitting for publication, I would submit afghan and layette not precisely as a set -

For anything else, (fair, guild show, etc) I would look closely at the categories available and judging cricteria. 

if at all possible, I would submit the afghan and layetter separately. 

For the Rainbow, you may want to consider carefully blocking it into shape for the submission.

Personally, I love rainbow items and I make them myself. BUT ...

I think the pink, green, white combination is gorgeous! If I was judging, I would choose that set. I love the little clothes coordinating with the blanket.

Thanks so much for the comments. I really appreciate it! So, I will enter the hearts afghan alone in the afghan category. Now, is the clothing (dress, hat and booties) enough to be considered a layette? The guidelines don't specify exactly what a layette consists of so I'm not really sure.

Thanks again!

by "defnition" a layette is a complete set of clothing for an infant - lack further instruction from the judging/submission guidlines, it would seem your set fits that criteria for a fair.

For Publication I might make different commnets.

Archived