Persephone Shawl CAL ~ Join anytime!

tiffer93

Thanks Ann! I am on day 2 and still down those 2 lbs and woke up without being swollen again today! Plus, I think I was able to get a more restful sleep! :hug Of course I am also drinking some lemon water each day. Lemon oil is supposed to help flush out toxins. Be advised if you try this stuff, which is just lemon juice in water, it does NOT taste like lemonade! LOL But I'll take a little bitter glass of water over possibly having serious health risks any day! 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I will buy some lemons and make it fresh rather than using this store bought stuff, it is bound to taste better fresh! 

Finished one! I used fingering weight yarn in "Black Cherry" and an F hook for this one. I decided to just work until I ran out of yarn, so I didn't do the fancy edge. I ended with the picot and V-st row and ran a row of sc across the top edge. I'm thinking of making another one with some other yarn I've got.

post-21933-0-87882200-1369581543_thumb.jpg

I think I will buy some lemons and make it fresh rather than using this store bought stuff, it is bound to taste better fresh! 

If you can't find any nice fresh lemons Minute Maid has a frozen concentrate that is good.  It comes in a box (it's in a plastic bottle inside) usually I find it near the frozen lemonade/orange juice, etc.  One of the major diet plans had recommended it when I was going to them because it is more like a fresh lemon. 

Finished one! I used fingering weight yarn in "Black Cherry" and an F hook for this one. I decided to just work until I ran out of yarn, so I didn't do the fancy edge. I ended with the picot and V-st row and ran a row of sc across the top edge. I'm thinking of making another one with some other yarn I've got.

attachicon.gif101_1274.JPG

Bravo!!!  It's lovely!  Congrats on finishing one.  I still have a ways to go, but I'm getting there.

Braxxi, that is gorgeous! I love the effect the yarn created, reminds me of a late sunset in the sky! I haven't finished mine yet, but did do a few more rows so I am plugging along on it. The yarn I used is soooooo soft and stretchy when it's worked up. My mom is going to love her shawl, after I enter it into the fair it will become hers :) 

I'm still plugging away on mine.  It's steadily getting bigger.  I'm on the second skein of yarn now.  I finally got a battery for my camera, so hope to have a progress picture for you soon.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.

That is a beautiful shawl. I have had to put mine aside for now. I need to finish these vegetables. I finally, after 6 days, finished the carrots. Today I started on the corn on the cob. The original pattern for these came from Annie's. What awful patterns they are.

That is a beautiful shawl. I have had to put mine aside for now. I need to finish these vegetables. I finally, after 6 days, finished the carrots. Today I started on the corn on the cob. The original pattern for these came from Annie's. What awful patterns they are.

Were they free? If it is a poorly written pattern i would demand a refund

I worked on mine some last night. Thought I was going to get to work on it tonight, but time is not my friend today, as usual. I overslept, had a friend with a life crisis (for real, poor dear!) and only managed to get one of my items done that needs it. But, there is always Wednesday since my Tuesdays are forever homework days. I can't wait to graduate!!! LOL 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! I thought I'd check in. Please make sure you are all sitting down...I ripped out the entire shawl I made in order to remake it with a larger hook. Yes, I think I am insane sometimes.

Hey everyone! I thought I'd check in. Please make sure you are all sitting down...I ripped out the entire shawl I made in order to remake it with a larger hook. Yes, I think I am insane sometimes.

:faint

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't checked in for a few days, took a few to "unplug" and went fishing, spent time with the hubby & some friends over the weekend. Of course that didn't leave much time to crochet, but today is the last day of class for the term, so it's on the list for this week! It won't take long to finish up my shawl, I just gotta make myself sit down to work on it. How is everyone? Hope you're all doing great! Check in again soon! :hug 

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't checked in for a few days, took a few to "unplug" and went fishing, spent time with the hubby & some friends over the weekend. Of course that didn't leave much time to crochet, but today is the last day of class for the term, so it's on the list for this week! It won't take long to finish up my shawl, I just gotta make myself sit down to work on it. How is everyone? Hope you're all doing great! Check in again soon! :hug 

I haven't touched my shawl in a few days either.  Too many other things going on.  I want to pick it up again this week too!  Like you, it won't take long to finish it up.  Sounds like you had a nice weekend.  Sometimes you just have to get away and unwind.  I've never been much into fishing, but I used to camp all the time and I miss it soooo much!  Hubby is not a camping person, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

How's everyone doing?  I actually finished my shawl this weekend!  I'm pretty happy with the way it came out.  If/when I make another one I'd like to use a finer yarn, if I use ww I'd go up a size hook (I used a K).  Sorry I don't have a pic on this computer, but I can give you the link to my Rav project page.

How's everyone doing?  I actually finished my shawl this weekend!  I'm pretty happy with the way it came out.  If/when I make another one I'd like to use a finer yarn, if I use ww I'd go up a size hook (I used a K).  Sorry I don't have a pic on this computer, but I can give you the link to my Rav project page.

Very pretty!

Ann, it's beautiful! I still haven't finished mine. Took some time to myself & spending it with family & friends in my very short summer break from school. The summer term just started and it is going to be a pain! More work in this 8 weeks than all other weeks previously combined! I might not even have time to finish my shawl to enter in the fair this year, but it will be an ongoing project regardless, as I want to make another couple of them for gifts this year. Back to the homework, hope you're all doing wonderfully!  

Very pretty!

Thanks so much!

Ann, it's beautiful! I still haven't finished mine. Took some time to myself & spending it with family & friends in my very short summer break from school. The summer term just started and it is going to be a pain! More work in this 8 weeks than all other weeks previously combined! I might not even have time to finish my shawl to enter in the fair this year, but it will be an ongoing project regardless, as I want to make another couple of them for gifts this year. Back to the homework, hope you're all doing wonderfully!  

thank you! I'm glad that you're able to take some time to yourself.  I don't know how you keep going!  My DIL just rec'd her masters in teaching last month.  I applaud her.  Teaching full time, a mom to two little one's (3yrs and youngest will turn 2 this week), then going to school at night to get her degree!  Yikes!  But she did it.  I had a hard time working a full time job when my kids were little, never mind going to school to, lol.  Good luck to you!  I know you'll get your shawl done and if not for this year's fair, next year's will be fine!  I just might join you in making another one when I get caught up with a couple other things!

• 2 weeks later...

I actually started mine a few days ago.  Took a picture last night of it after the first skein of mini mocha.  I thought I was making it for me, but I was informed that I was making it into a prayer shawl for a friend Diana whose husband is dying from cancer.  That was early this morning.  I then got on FB and found out that her hubby, Ben, died late last night.  Freedom on the 4th of July from the cancer riddled body.  Now so much for arguing with God whose shawl this was going to be for...

picture to big..have to figure out how to re-size

• 1 month later...

You just about gave me heart failure when I read this.  Then I saw that you had finished it in the new bigger size.  Hooray!!!!!

I now have two going.  The first one is 54+ inches from tip to tip and the second one (with a bigger hook) is about 48" from tip to tip now.  I started the second while on vacation the last two weeks of July.  I'm finding that using the bigger hook is yielding a looser/lacier look and feel.

Archived