I want to make things to sell, but don't want a full business...

Hi everyone! I got a question for the crochet community. It is coming up on the summer months and the farmers markets and the state fair is on its way. I would really like to make a few things to sell without turning into a one woman business (especially since I have a toddler.) I have heard about Etsy. Are there any other options?

Don't know if this will help, but I've been selling on my blog for several years now and it works great. Plus it's FREE!

Don't know if this will help, but I've been selling on my blog for several years now and it works great. Plus it's FREE!

I'm not that familiar with blogging but I am definitely interested. Any place in particular?

I'm not that familiar with blogging but I am definitely interested. Any place in particular?

I use "blogspot". I don't know much about blogging either, some friends right here in the Ville set it up for me, cause I didn't know blog from hog back then. Still don't but once they got it up and running posting is pretty easy. I'd say if I can do it, anyone can.

so now you start a facebook page and tell all your friends where your items are at.  Maybe post a few picture of the kind of things you have there for sale.  Ask them to post it to their walls for their friends to see......

• 3 months later...

I'm using a FB page right now. It works since most of what I'm doing is commissions, rather than people buying pre-made items.

There is a local consignment store called Younique Boutique that accepts handmade garments and accessories. I figured its a good start. 

The consignment stores by us take a healthy commission of 50%.

Archived