Valentine's Yarn?

Amy

I did receive some yarn yesterday---had ordered it and that's when it arrived, so it was a Valentines surprise  :lol

Natural Dye Studio Dazzle HT.  The color in the photo is not accurate, it is more lavender and less fuchsia than it looks there.  

post-10356-0-93457000-1360971205_thumb.jpg

I received a big skein of soft Bernat baby yarn from a friend and there was a Valentines Day Card in the envelope. When I spoke to her today, I wanted to know why she mailed it since she is coming over on Monday. Duh, she said (never thought of it) that it was for Valentines Day. The last time she brought yarn was from a friend who can no longer crochet and in ill health and she was out of state. She had gone to visit her and mailed herself at least 10 skeins and brought them to me at a support group meeting we attend for Alzheimers. I just gave her eight baby and child afghans and several scarves anad hats for a baby shower her church holds each year for those in need.

As soon as I figure out how to post pictures (many are in Photobucket and I can't figure out if there is a way to do that) I will start posting.

LI Roe

PS She said she hopes to bring more yarn  home when she visits her friend again. Told her it is going to a good home.

I received some too, along with a vase full of lillies. 1 skein each of Caron One Pound Baby- 1 pink, 1 white. DH said he figured I would enjoy making another blanket for the new grt-GD due the end of this month. Well yea- I've only made her three. :D He wasn't sure if pink was for girls still so, took a chance. LOL What a guy!

I did receive some yarn yesterday---had ordered it and that's when it arrived, so it was a Valentines surprise  :lol

Natural Dye Studio Dazzle HT.  The color in the photo is not accurate, it is more lavender and less fuchsia than it looks there.  

Really like the color!!  What weight is it?  Like bedspread? size 10?

what are you going to make out of it?  I'm being nosey here.  =)

I did! I am very lucky to have a hubby that fully supports my habit.  277 skeins total!attachicon.gif20130213_190800.jpg

Wow!!!!! are you ever lucky!!!!!! Would your hubby like to support my crocheting habit too!!!!!!!!!!

But I must confess my sweet husband gave me a little box of chocolates.

Really like the color!!  What weight is it?  Like bedspread? size 10?

what are you going to make out of it?  I'm being nosey here.  =)

Thanks for the compliments!  The color in the photo is not accurate, I need to try to get a better shot. 

It is fingering weight.  I really have no idea what I will make.  I am collecting colors and hopefully i will have another good idea like the shawl i recently made from the same yarn http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/144536-victoria-in-hand-dyed-yarn/

if you want some eye candy, take a look at the NDS site, the colors are just gorgeous http://www.thenaturaldyestudio.com/index.asp

The Dazzle HT is under sock yarn.  Their clubs are really fun and have helped me get out of the habit of always choosing turquoise yarn lol

Archived