Help

dimples

HI,

As some of you know I have a young son with down synrdome and my husband has brain cancer. Our funds are extreamly limited. A week ago my friend Kristi and her family(3 boys--ages 8,10,14, husband and kristi) were evicted from their home because they can't pay the rent. They all moved in with us(makes 9 total in our home now). They have very little to give the boys so I thought if some of you have crocheted squares you could donate to me I could sew them together and make blankets for each child. My family has no way of buying them anything but maybe I can get them a blanket each made by christmas. color not important, kind of stitch used not important,would appreciate any. PM me if you can help me with this.

thanks in advance.

I would be happy to send you some squares.

Just a little suggestion... you might consider 12" squares.

12 ~ 12" squares make a nice size blanket.

if you're looking at 5" squares... that will be alot of squares and alot of sewing. Unless you dont mind that! But getting enough squares sent to you and put together for 3 blankets might be better to be bigger squares.

Just a thought.

:hook

I would be happy to send you some squares.

Just a little suggestion... you might consider 12" squares.

12 ~ 12" squares make a nice size blanket.

if you're looking at 5" squares... that will be alot of squares and alot of sewing. Unless you dont mind that! But getting enough squares sent to you and put together for 3 blankets might be better to be bigger squares.

Just a thought.

:hook

thanks for the suggestion. I had not thought of that. I guess 12'' would be better, thanks.

thanks for the suggestion. I had not thought of that. I guess 12'' would be better, thanks.

Awesome... 12" squares being made and will be sent your way!!! :hook

I finished up 2 squares for you. I also picked up just a couple little things for the kids for xmas that I'll send with the squares. Hopefully I'll get to the post office tomorrow :hug Hope all is going well.

oh thats wonderful, thank you

I finished up 2 squares for you. I also picked up just a couple little things for the kids for xmas that I'll send with the squares. Hopefully I'll get to the post office tomorrow :hug Hope all is going well.

thanks, PM'd you

• 2 weeks later...

I just got mine to the post office yesterday...sorry I was running a bit behind, it was a busy week. I tried Monday, but with the holidy it was super crowded and I didn't have the time to wait. But, at least now it's on it's way. Please let me know when you receive it since I didn't get the delivery confirmation. :hug

your package was a great suprise. How wonderful of you to be so kind. Thank you from all of us.

Just wanted to say a great big thank you to all who sent squares. I did get 2 blankets finished. I would still love to make another for the older boy if anyone would like to send squares that were not able to during the holiday stuff. I am sure the 2 smaller boys will love them. Sorry I can't post a pic,I have no camera(it took a swim LOL!). MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.

Archived