Beginner With a Question!

MrsMalt

Question

8 answers to this question

Are you getting horizontal ridges, like bookshelves, or are you getting vertical ridges, like fence posts?

Please post a picture, and we'll be happy to help! Welcome to the 'ville!

Hi! If you are working in double crochet--instead of chaining 3 to start a new row, just chain 2. The makes the seam less apparent. It will always show, no matter what you do, but this lessens the "hole" made by the ch-3. I even use this ch-2 when I'm making afghans!

Good Luck!

In the round in straight dc I will ch 2 and dc in the same stitch and not count the ch 2. I think it gives a nicer finish. Also then on an increase round I will not do 2 stitches in the first stitch but start that round with the individual dc and do the increase so it ends up at the end of the row.

I can't see any ridges except between rounds, and that's very normal.

When you work flat, turning each row, your fabric will be reversible; it looks the same on both sides because if you look at the fabric, every other row was created with the fabric facing you, the remaining rows with the fabric facing away from your viewpoint.

When working in the round when NOT turning, the same side is always facing you, so one side looks different from the back. I wonder if you are expecting the stitches to look the same as when you work flat? For that to happen, you would have to turn your work every round.

Edit: actually I'm seeing grooves, between the rounds, not ridges.

Archived