Placemat obsession in white this time

Afghaniac

This pattern is addictive, no doubt. Making these whenever I get bored with current afghan. Green, yellow, now white -- running out of colors. . . however, I have a friend who loves pink things . . .

The photo tells me I need to do a little light blocking.

post-1473-135897767652_thumb.jpg

I too, love this pattern! I happened upon this book in a second hand store yesterday, in excellent condition, for $1.50. I was smiling from ear to ear all the way home. Have just finished my first one. Many more will follow! post-40359-135897767661_thumb.jpg

I too, love this pattern! I happened upon this book in a second hand store yesterday, in excellent condition, for $1.50. I was smiling from ear to ear all the way home. Have just finished my first one. Many more will follow! [ATTACH]56876[/ATTACH]

Your green mat looks lovely. I think I got my book for about a buck years ago at a resale shop, so I can relate. Where I live now, I never see bargain vintage crochet books.

I too, love this pattern! I happened upon this book in a second hand store yesterday, in excellent condition, for $1.50. I was smiling from ear to ear all the way home. Have just finished my first one. Many more will follow! [ATTACH]56876[/ATTACH]

Great work on that placemat and awesome deal on that book! I was able to check out a copy at my local library, but alas, will have to give it back in another 2 weeks. LOL

This pattern is addictive, no doubt. Making these whenever I get bored with current afghan. Green, yellow, now white -- running out of colors. . . however, I have a friend who loves pink things . . .

The photo tells me I need to do a little light blocking.

I love that white against the dark wood of your table. This set looks just as great as the others. :)

Great work on that placemat and awesome deal on that book! I was able to check out a copy at my local library, but alas, will have to give it back in another 2 weeks. LOL

You can probably legally make a copy of that pattern for your own use before you return the book. It's a nice book, but I think that's the only pattern I'm likely to use, since I don't do much thread work. It had sat neglected on my shelf for about 10 years, I think.

You can probably legally make a copy of that pattern for your own use before you return the book. It's a nice book, but I think that's the only pattern I'm likely to use, since I don't do much thread work. It had sat neglected on my shelf for about 10 years, I think.

After 10 years I guess you're just making up for lost time with all that you've made so far. :hook

If I understand copyright law correctly, I could make a copy while I have the book in my possession, but I would have to destroy that copy when I return the book... Maybe someone else will have better insight on that one.

But it will be there another time if I ever get the nerve or gumption to make that Filet Rose doily! LOL It was the only other pattern in the book I went mad over.

As for the placemats, I'm always reverse engineering one thing or another... so I'll always be able to make more (for myself of course!) :rofl

Archived