PaTchWoRK cROchET SQuARe

I agree, is does look like entrelac...I bet it would look awesome with a bunch of different colors too!! No sewing a million squares at the end!! Care to share how you did it?

I am a indie crochet designer. Just trying to find out if anyone else has done this before. Don't want to repeat another creator's work. I plan on writing a pattern with maybe some variations to it as soon as I know there isn't another like this. Thank you for your input.

Crochet has been around for so long that there's a really good chance everything we can come up with has been done before.

So long as it's really your pattern and you didn't copy it from somewhere else - you're fine.

I have a book of quilt designs in crochet (a gift) that I never really looked at. If there it's been, done it would be in a book like that. Check books/magazines/web sites that offer "quilt" style designs to crochet. If it's done in all one piece, it could be original, most are squares sewn together. I'll look in my book and see if it's been done.

Ellie 13

I am a indie crochet designer. Just trying to find out if anyone else has done this before. Don't want to repeat another creator's work. I plan on writing a pattern with maybe some variations to it as soon as I know there isn't another like this. Thank you for your input.

I agree with Rose, if you created it from scratch it is original.

The pattern i have seen that reminds me of your square the most is http://knitandcrochetnow.com/fly.aspx?layout=episodesindex&taxid=108

Entrelac wrap from episode 214 of tv show knit and crochet now. I guess it was also published in crochet today mag http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/entrelac-wrap

I remember when it was demonstrated on the show i thought the joins where you stitch into the side of the previous square looked ragged, yours look a lot neater.

I think the pics are great.

You asked so I'll answer. This one part could be very confusing to some people.

[sc in each st across (10), ch 1, turn] 9 times.

In the very beginning of the pattern you write:

Repeat [ ] for 8 more rows. There will be 5 ridged rows.

which it totally awesome and clear. There's no room for confusion there.

I rewrote some of the pattern. It wasn't correct with some of the counts. I also changed the wording that you have pointed out Michele. It did look a bit confusing that way. Thank you for your help.

Has anyone tried this pattern yet? I am anxious to know if it works the way it's written. It's really a bit hard to write a pattern step by step. I have to walk away at times and clear the old noggin...LoL

Yes, I did find this same pattern some time ago (a year or 2 ago) at Rosehip.wordpress.com. I tried it out, and it worked fine.

Archived