Purple Stitch Project - Epilepsy

purples

I came across this charity yesterday evening and it made me smile, as my best friend in the whole wide world endures epilepsy - he also does a lot of local volunteer work in his community to promote awareness too. This charity would give me a chance to help my friend, by helping promote awareness in another part of the country.

I also have a friend, who I ride the bus with, who has SEVERE EPILEPSY. She was carrying her purple bear with her the last time I saw her and when I came across this website, it made me think of her specifically. The bear provides her comfort and helps her share with others about epilepsy, as she is a grown adult... who cuddles with her bear, especially following a seizure, which often happens in public. She carries it for comfort and when I read information about The Purple Stitch Project, I couldn't help but want to share this with others.

They are a very new organization, from what the site says, and they directly distrubute the items in Austin, Texas.

http://purplestitchproject.org/

I think this is something I can get involved with. Purple is my favorite color. And I am so glad that Vicki Howell is involved. She's a fantastic person.

:manyheart

I'll have to keep this in mind. My daughter was diagnosed with epilepsy at 6 weeks old. She had surgery at 15 months because her meds weren't working much anymore. She has been seizure free ever since. AND purple is my favorite color too! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw this. I've been looking to get into something to crochet. This sounds great. I don't know any humans who have epilepsy but my two boston terriers do. Great cause can't wait to get started.

20Mary08

Check out your local hospital and see if they have a group there.

My local hospital has an Epilepsy group that meets at the end of every month that I am donating my items to. I have 2 lapghans made so far.

Okay, thanks. That would be great!

• 1 month later...

@SusanMarie1956

Call your local hospital. I am sure they have an Epilepsy group!I'm not exactly sure but you will want the nuerology department(sp?). I just got back from dropping off my donation for the month. I hope to be able to give more than 1 donation next month though!!

Archived