Comfortghans for kristoper and Karlee

Elvee

My friend Chris called me last Friday and said in a tiny voice "Lorry--my baby girl died yesterday." Her baby girl was Julie who was 33 and a single parent who fought a valiant fight for 21 months against invasive brain cancer.

She had her affairs in order and her sister Sherry has custody of her children now. Kristoper is 12 and Karlee is 7. I want to make them comfortghans to show them that people care about their loss and what they have gone through living with their Momma who was dying.

Kristoper likes Orange, yellow and red. Karlee likes pinks, purple and white.

I would like 7" squares and maybe a card or bit of encouragement to give them. This has just left me so sad. My heart is heavy. I was thinking what can I do to help these kids? And thought--the Crochetville family will help me out!

I haven't had to deal with children this young who have lost a parent.

Thanks in advance to all you wonderful people!!! (You know who you are!)

:hug

God bless those babies! I will work on squares to send right away. My own sons' father passed away 6 years ago in June.

Good old worsted weight. I use Red Heart and Bernat a lot. Thanks for all the help, ladies! This has really been hard for us to deal with.

Good old worsted weight. I use Red Heart and Bernat a lot. Thanks for all the help, ladies! This has really been hard for us to deal with.

I can't even imagine. Likewise it will take me a couple weeks to get some made but I will do my best.

I'm working on a couple of squares for you. Please PM me with your address, I hope to have them in the mail early next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you. I had been wanting to try this square forever... So I finally got that out of my system. :P They are super cute, I hope to make more of these but 8" wide for a charity I am in. :hook

Your squares are adorable!

Tina I got your squares today! So cute! I have been in such a funk. I haven't even started their squares yet. I am working on a wedding afghan (wedding was last week!) and have a graduation afghan to finish. I haven't been much good doing anything lately!

The Mickey mouse squares are so cute! They did get to go to Disney world with their mom when her cancer was in remission. That is so awesome their squares have the "Mouse" on them, too!

I talked to Chris yesterday and they had to have Julie's cat put to sleep. She had had her since she was a teenager and the cat had been in failing health. I say she went to be with her Momma.

Life goes on! Thanks every one!

Just packed up 10 squares for you. 4 of them turns out to be similar to ones already sent to you by another member, but the remaining ones are more of a variety....

post-14620-135897760421_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Carol and Peggy I did get your packages and everything is so beautiful. These kids are gonna love their afghans. I am aiming towards fall to finish them. Lots to crochet here--weddings and babies and graduations! I am an afghan gift giver and now it is expected!

Crazy week here. my dog accidentally got shot. Lots of angst and tribulation there-she's fine now, but I am not! I have colitis and an experience like that and I am sick for days afterwards! I will write a post about it so you can have all the details. It was horrid, all is well now! All but my gut--lol

Archived