Mom gave me her yarn stash....

And with it, came Grandma's yarn too. I had to buy three of the large plastic window drawers to put it all in. :cheer:c9

Plus I got two afghans that just need put together. LOL

I'm in 7th heaven with this stash.

Of course some of it is pretty old Red Heart stuff that is kind of scratchy, so it will get used for stuff like slippers and beanies, etc. But there is a LOT of great yarn in there as well. Some of it is enough to make a sweater or a large afghan.

I'm going to start an afghan here shortly, and I lucked out, the colors will match our bedroom. I just need to find the right pattern. The problem I'm having is all the labels are gone from the yarn, so I don't know how much each skein has on it. It's more of a sport weight yarn, not ww. So I'm thinking something more airy for it. :think

Ok, off to hunt down instructions on how to put this together, since I got it laid out how I like it. LOL

post-57272-135897750424_thumb.jpg

How wonderful! It's soooo nice to be gifted a good amount of yarn stash. That's what I call "It's raining yarn!" And 2 afghans that are ready to put together also. What fun!

Wow! How wonderful!! I like getting the big bags of random yarn from goodwill and Salvation Army's, they make some pretty crazy scarves and dish rags lol:lol

I just figured out the mystery yarn, thanks to the great members here. I love this place. LOL

I had so much fun going through all of it, and organizing it.

I'm practically dreaming about crocheting every night now. LOL Safe to say, I'm addicted. :hook

Archived