Felted wall hanging Best in Division Blue Ribbon

dudleyspinner

I won a blue and best in division for a felted wall hanging. I also got to listen to the judge on how a winner is chosen. A point system is used, so the taste of the judge does not really enter into the choice. The workmanship and quality of the article is the real criteria.

Deb

http://dudleyspinner.blogspot.com/2005/09/sheep-to-shawl-at-world-sheep-and.html

my current one I am working on is a highway going through pine trees with a rainbow in the distance. A scene from Ontario, all day long we chased a rainbow while going east to Nova Scotia. I use wet and needle felting. What do you do?

Deb

Deb,

That sounds lovely. I haven't done any needle felting, though I have seen demonstrations & would like to try it. I'm almost finished with a wall hanging that combines freeform & rug hooking. The design is loosely based on Asian textiles. I just started one that is spring flowers in a meadow using tapestry crochet with some felted (fulled?) motifs.

Alosha

Thanks for showing us your interesting blog! I would love to go to a festival like that. Your wallhanging is elegant! :clap

My friend has just sold her house to move to some land she bought a few years ago. She raises alpacas out on her land and sells their fur (?). (Is it fur or called something else...?) Anyway, she loves the alpaca work so much she is selling her home here in the city and moving out to raise her alpacas. (I think she will still be working as a nurse somewhere though.) She was asking me how to spin. :think I don't spin. I knew some basics as to how it was done and told her, but I have never had the thrill of trying.

Alpaca yarn is sumptuous to work with!

Thanks again.

Stitchinpick

Archived