Floppy-Ear Bunny Basket - with Personality!

Just finished a little bunny basket, done in single crochet, and quick to whip up. I haven't progressed to the point of creating my own patterns, but I'm getting good at modifying existing patterns. The bunny pattern originally came to me as a free pattern from a well-known yarn company's web site.

I loved the floppy ears, but found that the handle (worked only as 2 rows of single crochet) wasn't adequate -- and the bunny's face was pretty bland.

I adapted the handle by adding a few more rows, folding that wider piece in half, and stitching along the length of it to form a stronger handle.

When I attached the ears, I found they stayed in position more securely if I stitched a bit of each one to the lower part of the handle.

Lastly, I gave the bunny's face a makeover, adding larger, more expressive features, and adding some pink cross stitches in the ears.

Can you tell which bunny is mine?!! (If you'd like to know where to find the original bunny pattern, contact me and I'll send you the link. Wouldn't want to embarrass one of my favorite companies; but they really could have done a better job on this one!)

post-53641-135897743833_thumb.jpg

post-53641-135897743836_thumb.jpg

That's really cute. I am crocheting a baby bunny easter basket from the Feb Crochet World. I had to order some plastic canvas hearts for the ears. :hook

Archived