Cotton Yarn???

I've mostly used Sugar n Cream/Peaches n Cream. I have some Bernat Handicrafter coming in but I haven't used it before, though someone has said that to them, its like SnC/PnC. I haven't used the ILTC.

Bernat Handicrafter Cotton is pretty much identical to Sugar 'n Cream and Peaches 'n Cream.

That goes to show that we're all different. I sincerely dislike ILTC (I love this cotton) for potholders. It's too thin for my tastes. I enjoy using it for other items though.

To the OP - try 'em all I say! :devil That way you kind find out what works best for you.

Bernat Handicrafter Cotton is pretty much identical to Sugar 'n Cream and Peaches 'n Cream.

That goes to show that we're all different. I sincerely dislike ILTC (I love this cotton) for potholders. It's too thin for my tastes. I enjoy using it for other items though.

To the OP - try 'em all I say! :devil That way you kind find out what works best for you.

Awesome advice!

I think that the Handicrafter is much softer and smoother than the P&C or S&C. It's really a matter of personal preference. Which one do YOU like to work with. I guess its a good thing that you can get cotton in tiny balls to try them all.

Okay, my Bernat Handicrafter came Saturday and after working with it, I used three different colors of what I bought, and I find the Bernat way easier to work with than P&C/S&C. Bernat is just a little bit thinner and isn't as stiff to work with, yet still works up nice and dense. I think its got a better feel to it than the P&C/S&C. It still can be great for scrubbing but softer for more sensitive items.

My only complaint about the Bernat was that I couldn't find the center pull end and ended up having to pull a decent amount out of the middle, but also broke it off somewhere so I don't know how much yardage I lost doing that. Ahh well, at least it was the big 14oz skein and I got them for $5. I'll probably have enough cotton to last forever :lol

Archived