Brittany wooden hooks

rhonda24605

Wondering if anyone has used Brittany wooden hooks and how you liked them. I just ordered my first one to try. I've heard that the wood hooks are better to use if you have arthritis. I sure hope so.:crocheting

I just got a set of 10 wooden hooks on ebay for $7.50 (for the whole set!!... they're from China (which I know some people may not be a fan of), work great so far though!!

I have not used the brand you mentioned. I use wood hooks by knit pro

from England. I find wood hooks very comfortable to use. It seems they

warm my hand as I crochet and a can work for longer without any hand pain. I hope those hooks work for you.:)

I use Brittany hooks and enjoy using them, but you may want to try a "Clover" brand hook. It has a wider, flat handle with a grip stripe. They are quite comfortable to use and are supposed to be ergonomically shaped. I enjoy them.

Wondering if anyone has used Brittany wooden hooks and how you liked them. I just ordered my first one to try. I've heard that the wood hooks are better to use if you have arthritis. I sure hope so.

Choosing hooks that will work for you is a very personal thing. buying one to see how you like it is a good way to go <G>

Which will work well for you is also going to depend on what size/style of yarn your project calls for.

And, of course, your budget.

Please note, some of the following I sell, some of the following I do not at this time but might have in the past, and last but not least some of it is sitting in boxes waiting its turn to make it into our on-line catalog.

Politics aside, I recent "discovered" why from a working stand point, I do not like the Chinese products - also finally understood a question Edie Eckman asked me a long time ago that never made sense - topic for another discussion.

There are currently many "ergonomic" hooks out there. For smaller sized standard crochet hooks, I do prefer the Clover Soft Touch. And I do have complete sets of both the Steel and Aluminum Soft Touch.

There are other brands out there that some seem to find helpful, but they only give very short relief for me and with the Soft Touch I get about 4 times as much work time without pain.

There is a basket full of "tried these" in my inventory research box - I try to make it a habit to limit myself to talking about things I like. Those really need to make it to eBay but there are only so many hours in a day.

For Plastic, either Pony or Denise are my only choices. The "crystal" stuff is just too sticky for my taste. Pretty to look at, but not functional for me.

For wood, Clover has some nice bamboo, metal, and "double sized" but as it does with most of its better hook selections, limits the size range to under 6.50mm.

For larger wood/birch I have always found that Twin Birches offered excellent quality at reasonable prices and are "Made In America" so it has long been my pleasure to refer sales to the them.

Knitter's Pride - the line of needles and hooks that was, until last year, pretty much an exclusive to one US seller, is now available to independent retailers through several wholesale sources and of course, as usual Crochet's good friend Kirsten Muench has also made sure that both their Basix (birch) and Dreamz (gorgeous collectible and usable hooks) are available.

Brittany are beautiful and often offered in a nice variety of woods. I think my set of Birch is complete, but they are rather at the higher end of the middle price range but it was a gift so not something I would have invested in.

Probably more information than you wanted, and I do think your choice to order a single hook in a favorite size is an excellent way to find what is right for you.

Enjoy The Making

Wheat

Archived