"Baby, It's Cold Outside" Baby Jacket

Roxanne

I couldn't resist this pattern when I saw it....

Here is my rendition of it:

43029918_7db2a6d1ea_m.jpg

(edited image to a size appropriate for the forum -

larger photo can be found

here)

The pattern says it takes about 3 hours to make...that's about right for the crochet part but I found finishing to take about 1-2 hours too....wonder if pattern times take that into account or am I just slow? :think

I love it. Very warm and snuggly. I find the same thing with most patterns, they don't include finishing in estimated time length - and for me finishing takes the longest. I can crochet a baby sweater in a few hours, but the finishing takes me about as long. Darn ends! I hate weaving them in... and attaching everything neatly? Forever.

You aren't the only one for sure.

:)

Anyway, nice work - looks so snuggly for a little one.

what kind of yarn did you use? it looks like homespun....

Yes, I did use the called-for yarn from the pattern....Lionbrand Homespun....one skein for size 6 months...not bad at all! It is the "waterfall" colourway. I'm tempted to make another...maybe after the baby's born...in the size 12 months so I can choose the colour....parents don't want to know the sex of the baby so I was going for something gender neutral first try.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments...it was a fun project! :cheer

• 4 weeks later...
I just started mine (in the dark blue Colonial yarn) and I'm having *so* much trouble counting my stitches with the Homespun. You did such a great job...inspired me to keep on trying it. :)

I hear ya! You almost have to feel through your stitches but once you get a hang of it, you get a hang of it...you'll get there!

I just started mine (in the dark blue Colonial yarn) and I'm having *so* much trouble counting my stitches with the Homespun. You did such a great job...inspired me to keep on trying it. :)

It is so worth it though! keep trying! you will get the hang of it! And when you wash that little sweater, the yarn just continues to get softer...

Archived