Name-that-yarn

darski

Question

6 answers to this question

A mess?

I have no idea.

I almost fell off my chair ~ that is exactly what I said to myself when I saw it! Great minds think alike ~ heheheh!

Actually I think it is one of the eyelash yarns. If you look at the one this lady pulls out first and calls an eyelash yarn, it looks much the same as this one: http://www.ehow.com/video_4463267_use-specialty-yarns.html Most of the eyelash yarn I have seen is more uniformly "shaggy" all along the yarn, but evidently some is interspersed with clumps like this one too. Might also be called centipede yarn, pigtail yarn, or a fun fur (as many of the scraggly yarns are called).

It looks like "Fancy Fur" yarn from Lion Brand yarns. The only other name I could find was "novelty" yarn. Maybe you could list it as "novelty yarn such as Fancy Fur..." ? It seems this yarn has been discontinued, but might be available from another company?

It looks like "Fancy Fur" yarn from Lion Brand yarns. The only other name I could find was "novelty" yarn. Maybe you could list it as "novelty yarn such as Fancy Fur..." ? It seems this yarn has been discontinued, but might be available from another company?

thank you. I will go with your suggestion. It looks kind of cute on the hat.

it was a hand me down :sigh and I hated to waste it :wlol

ETA: I did a search for Fancy fur and this does seem to be it. :ty

Darski - I believe you :yes - yarn like this can look very cute on the finished item and I am very happy you were able to obtain a viable name - I was about to go on the hunt for a name if nothing had come up by now. :clap

Archived