CPAD-Celebrity Shawl finished

deneen

This is the shawl from the Crochet Pattern A Day 2006 Calendar (May 10, 2006) and is the Celebrity Shawl. I used the JA Rainbow Boucle and a K hook (next time, an L hook to make it bigger).

This is a gift for a co-worker of my husband who is leaving.

th_846e6fb1.jpg

th_bea1318d.jpg

That turned out really great! :yay I'm sure she'll looooove it... That pattern looks great in the boucle. How long did it take you?

I think I mentioned to you that when I made Holly's butterfly shawl in that yarn, I had to go all the way up to an 8mm hook?? Of course, it made it quick work... :hook

Love the shawl :manyheart She is a very lucky woman to be receiving such a beautiful gift :hook

I want that calendar sooooo much and I've been whinning about it sooooo much I'm going to have to break down and order it.......:devil

..........if I order it, it will come.......if I order it, it will come......if I order it, it will come.......LOL

That turned out really great! :yay I'm sure she'll looooove it... That pattern looks great in the boucle. How long did it take you?

I think I mentioned to you that when I made Holly's butterfly shawl in that yarn, I had to go all the way up to an 8mm hook?? Of course, it made it quick work... :hook

Nat, I worked on it on and off over the weekend-1/2 hour here, 10 minutes there, it works up quickly once you get it started. I would go up to an L or an M hook for this though. The girl I made it for is super tiny (thank goodness). Once the foundation row is done, it's just repeats of row 2 and 3, and goes quickly. The foundation row was tough because of the smaller hook and the dark yarn, but it's really an easy pattern although it's listed as an intermediate.

I started the Butterfly Shawl a bit ago and did go up a hook size, but kept getting interrupted, so i'll get back to it later.

Archived