Ruffled Scarflette Neckwarmer

GrammyT

I have made several of these neckwarmers and enjoyed everyone of them. In case anyone is interested I purchasedd this pattern from timaryart designs on etsy. I have had several requests from people to make them one but I am not sure what would be a fair price to charge. Can anyone help me with that? I normally make things and just give as gifts so I am not use to this :think. Thanks in advance.

post-5750-135897720012_thumb.jpg

Great JOB!!! When in doubt I usually check http://www.Etsy.com since people sell items there to get a ball park number for myself I too just make and give away but in the last year I have been selling items here and there at work so I start with that website for a nice number...From what I can quickly see they are selling for $17-48 however it will also depend on the material used as well if it cost you say $20 for a expensive ball of specialty yarn then the price for sale goes up..

the "rule" that I've heard (there are no hard fast rules) is 3x's the cost of the yarn. So if I make a hat that takes 1/2 a skein of RHSS and that sells for $3.50 it cost me $1.75 in yarn so I'd sell the hat for $5.25. If it was a complex pattern I'd probably add a bit more. Now if I made that same hat with a higher priced yarn and that yarn was $5.00/skein it was $2.50 in yarn x's 3 is $7.50.

HTH some

Very pretty!!! :manyheart

I like the button, does that hold it together?

Yes, the buttonhold is made in the very beginning. I have been using some of the old vintage type buttons that my granny gave me a while back in her big sewing box. It was like a treasure chest given to me. Thread on wooden spools etc.

You have done a excellent job and thank you for the link as i have gone and ordered 3 of her patterns and got one for free....

So again thanks for the link

Keep up the great job.

hugs

Lillibet

Archived