Noro yarn

Nerys

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone use Noro yarns ? I like the wonderful colours so thinking about it.:):)

I do use Noro and have for years - we even sell it from time to time.

One thing I have found is that many do not realize that Noro is a brand and there are many different yarns - all with different characteristics.

Noro is rather crochet friendly because Mr Noro designs with long color runs with most of his yarns.

Perhaps the best place to see what is currently available and get an idea of which one you may want to use is to visit the web site of the US Distributor, Knitting Fever

No matter which yarn you select, it is especially important with Noro to get enough of the yarn in the same dyelot at the time of purchase. Noro sells quickly and if ever there was a yarn where DyeLot Matters, - it would be Noro - he not only does make changes, but also is discontinues color ranges within a quality/product each season when adding new ones.

No matter where you choose to purchase the yarn, ALWAYS insist on the same dyelot. You simply cannot tell from the outside of a skein what will be inside <G> Kuryeon and Silk Garden are especially like a Forrest Gump box of Chocolates, you never know what you will run into -

If you have any questions about a particular quality/yarn offered by Noro, please let me know - I have access to a good deal of "historical" info about the various yarns in the Noro line (although not always specific colorways)

Enjoy The Making

Wheat

Archived