Slouch Hat for my niece

Momcrochets

My niece has the hardest time finding hats that fit--RTW are almost always too tight. Back about thanksgiving weekend, she asked which was easier to learn, knit or crochet. I tried to be fair (whichever you learn first, but you know I love crochet...and crochet has one less "stick" to hang onto :wink). Later I messaged her, and offered to make her a hat, and since we don't live all that close, I'll give it to her at Christmas. (I did tell her that youtube has lots of video tute's for both knit and crochet.)And naturally, I will be very happy to teach her, get her started, and so on. I'll take the necessary goods to get her started at Christmas. :heehee

I got her to pick the color, and asked her what general style she would prefer...Long story short, I used this pattern, and here are the results.

post-7396-135897718638_thumb.jpg

Stats: ILTY ww, in grape. I (5.5 mm) hook, I did a couple of extra decreases in the brim-rounds, to get it to the diameter I needed (25"). If I used the pattern exactly as written, (5.0mm hook) it would have been too tight for her. Fun pattern, easy to make...I hope she loves it.

(It's on my head, and slightly too big, so it should--I hope--fit her perfectly, with that bit of stretch a good hat needs to stay on. :))

Archived