Cancer Cap with 10-petal Wraparound Flower

yarnjeannie

I tried something new with a flower on a hat. I generally make a flower working into a circle, and then I "button" the flower into place (the button serves as the center of the flower. But I have some pretty and rather large buttons to try. I've been making wraparound roses and wondered if it would work with a flower wrapped around a button.

I tried it and I love the way it turned out. I'll have to write out the steps I took and post it. The strip of 10 petals has two leaves attached to it as well.

I gave the finished hat to a friend suffering from cervical cancer.

post-14127-135897708542_thumb.jpg

I really love your hat with the flower. When you do not have any hair (voice of experience here), your head gets cold very easily. Your cap looks like it would keep you warm. Plus the flower dresses it up. If you have not shared the pattern for the cap with us already, I hope you will. Plus would love to have pattern for the flower.

I really love your hat with the flower. When you do not have any hair (voice of experience here), your head gets cold very easily. Your cap looks like it would keep you warm. Plus the flower dresses it up. If you have not shared the pattern for the cap with us already, I hope you will. Plus would love to have pattern for the flower.

The pattern for the hat can be found here and it's on CPC entitled Deeply Textured Hat. It works up beautifully. I will post the pattern for the wraparound flower under free patterns.

The pattern for the 10-Petal Wraparound Flower was posted on my blog - I put a link directly to the flower in the Free Pattern Links section.

The hat pattern (not mine) can be found on Crochet Pattern Central - it's called the Deeply Textured Hat.

:ty for posting the link for the wraparound flower and for the location of the pattern for the hat. I have made a bunch of chemo caps to donate to my oncologist's office. Most are the head hugging beanie type. But I have been wanting to make something that gives the appearance that you may still have hair. This hat has that look. Plus I have discovered my head hugging beanie is not fitting as tight as it did when I was completely bald. I now need one that has some give to it. I think this one will be nice whether you are bald or your hair has grown back.

Archived