Dr.Pepper Hat

LaVonneK

Finally made one, gets lots of looks and compliments. Gonna try this in different cans now. The pattern come from www.Knit1mag.com under crochet can hat. Supper simple pattern, the only thing that takes long is making the pattern peice for the cans and cutting the cans. Make sure you wear protective gloves. I bout cut myself a few times. Anyhoo here it is.

post-10186-135897700981_thumb.jpg

post-10186-135897700988_thumb.jpg

Fun!!

I remember my grandma used to make them with Beer cans (which was so weird because she was against drinking and had to get the cans from someone else). But my youngest brother got one of her hats and he LOVED that thing. We look back in old photos and for about a year straight he is wearing that hat in all the pics! I have been wanting to make him another just for fun now that he is a grown man in his 40's. The one he had looked sort of like the old man fishing hats. I have a pattern that is close and managed to get some beer cans thanks to my youngest son and his college buddies, so now all I need to do is find the time.

Fun!!

I remember my grandma used to make them with Beer cans (which was so weird because she was against drinking and had to get the cans from someone else). But my youngest brother got one of her hats and he LOVED that thing. We look back in old photos and for about a year straight he is wearing that hat in all the pics! I have been wanting to make him another just for fun now that he is a grown man in his 40's. The one he had looked sort of like the old man fishing hats. I have a pattern that is close and managed to get some beer cans thanks to my youngest son and his college buddies, so now all I need to do is find the time.

Cool, post pics when you get it done!

Archived