Pink Hippy jacket

Coney Crochets

I really love this one! I started it hoping it would be smallenough for my friend's daughter but it quickly became too big but I liked it too much to stop (I've started one with a smaller thread and smaller hook that sems to be working up the right size). I think it may end up being the first item in my soon-to-be Etsy store. I just wish I knew someone of the right age/size to try it on and make sure it fits. :worried

post-50941-135897697816_thumb.jpg

post-50941-13589769782_thumb.jpg

You should do it! I modified the pattern slightly in a couple of places and it's a little hard to follow in a few places but it turns out wonderfully.

I have to finish the sweaters for my sons first. Poor kids have been waiting almost a year.

adorable !!!!! This Hippy style never really goes out of fashion.... my 7 & 10 yr old grandaughters love it !!!! I would love to know what knid of modifications have been made to it......... :)

adorable !!!!! This Hippy style never really goes out of fashion.... my 7 & 10 yr old grandaughters love it !!!! I would love to know what knid of modifications have been made to it......... :)

Nothing major. It mostly follows the pattern other than at the part where the top of the circle is straightened out to form the back of the neck. They used treble/double/half-double crochets at the edge and then sc all the way along. I used treble/double/half-double/single crochets to make the shells have a straight line before sort-of following their instructions again (I think I also decreased a few stitches along the way).

Other than that the sleeves ended up WAY too big circumference wise so I fiddled the rows there a bit too. :)

Archived