Stuck on a name.... ????

I'm looking at starting a website to sell my crochet work but cannot seem to come up with/decide on a name... ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

I'm clearly still in the very beginning stages of this (it's basically just thoughts on a piece of paper at this point) so any additional business advice/help would be great as well!

Thanks!!!! :)

You're welcome to use my old business name: Best Kept Secrets -- I was glad I started with a name that did not say crochet. I started selling just crochet, then mixed in decorative painting and woodworking, then went to painting classes -- all on the same business name! We just changed the graphics on our business cards. :)

Amy started a thread not long ago about Crochet phrases that includes LOTS of great names for a crochet shop! http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=131435 As I was typing my list, I could see many of them as shop names! Hope you get some inspiration from them! I loved Ewe and Eye (envision a sheep and needle eye!), Off the Hook, Ewe-nique Crochet.....well, you can see the whole list at the link!

When I started my Etsy shop I wanted something that said how I feel about the crocheted items I make. I came up with Simply From The Heart

You could do something like Heartfelt .... or Heart Ewe. Anything that is catchy. When my husband started his trucking business we combined the names of our 2 Golden retrievers - SunnyRose and Jasmine Pearl and came up with SunJazz Trucking - so thats another way you could go

We were having the same dilemma! Here are some of the ones we found/came up with: (a lot of these are in that other thread too)

Handy Hooker

Crazy Crochet

Hip Hookers

Yankee Yarns

By Hook or by Crook

They Crochet

Bombay Crochet

Sit n Knit

Hodge Podge or Hotch Potch

Knitty Bitty (this would be perfect for infant stuff!)

Itty Knitty

Hook Nook

Crochet Connection

Hook by the Book

Knits & Knots

Crochet Corner

The Hook Up

Off the Hook

Smitten Knittin'

Web Threads

KnitKnot

Knotty Girl

Knit Knacks

The Stitch Niche

The Stitchery

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

My business' name is Cindy's Sweet Things. I came up with it because my name is Cindy and I tend to like to crochet baby things and sweet food things like cookie coin purses and cupcake ornaments. So, Cindy's Sweet Things covers those items but it also doesn't exclude any other things.

I also tend to like rhymes, alliterations, puns, and other such cleverness. My business name has some slight cleverness.

Are you going to specialize in any kind of product? Maybe you can hint around that (ie: Plethera of Purses). Do you design your own stuff? You could use the word "Designs" or "Designed" in the name (The Heart of Design). Will you be focusing on custom work? You could use "Custom Creations" or "Custom Crochet" in the name somehow. Maybe you can work in the name of your location (ie: Stitches in Seattle, New Yarn City, Georgia Peach Fuzz)

Other ideas:

Fluff 'n Stuff

Skein So Soft

Simply Stitched

Stitches & Stuff

Stitch Witch

Oh, I could sit her and create names for hours!

My advice is to test your three favorites with your target audience/customers.

I've seen so many names that make me cringe and others that

are so alien to their purpose/enterprise as to undo it.

The purpose of the name is represent you and communicate to

potential customers something about your offerings.

I would avoid corner, closet, nook, shelf, barn, farm, house, attic, kitchen, garden, yard, -- these are overused and limiting.

• 6 years later...
On 9/14/2011 at 11:41 AM, Feolet said:

We were having the same dilemma! Here are some of the ones we found/came up with: (a lot of these are in that other thread too)

Handy Hooker

Crazy Crochet

Hip Hookers

Yankee Yarns

By Hook or by Crook

They Crochet

Bombay Crochet

Sit n Knit

Hodge Podge or Hotch Potch

Knitty Bitty (this would be perfect for infant stuff!)

Itty Knitty

Hook Nook

Crochet Connection

Hook by the Book

Knits & Knots

Crochet Corner

The Hook Up

Off the Hook

Smitten Knittin'

Web Threads

KnitKnot

Knotty Girl