Updated Blog W/ Katrina Pics

Yarn Duck

If anyone is interested, I've updated my blog here with some photos I took in the Jackson MS area after the storm. We are so lucky here because Katrina had lost some strength before she arrived but life has still changed dramatically.

So glad to hear you and your family are alright! Poor kitty & doggie they must of been scared! The pictures are just devastating. God Bless you all!

Everybody needs our help! Let us not forget the animals! There was a story on the Today show this morning about the dogs, cats and other animals that are without owners. An organization called Noah's Wish ( www.noahswish.org ) is there rounding up the lost pets and caring for them until they can locate their owners or adoptions can be made.

:cat :dog :turtle:ducky:2sheep

Julie,

i am glad you guys are ok too! We called some of our friends in Jackson to check on them last week and by the looks of your pics it was a bad time there. I recognized the hwy 25 pic you posted on your blog, the post office is in that same shopping area, along with the best chinese resturant.

take care!

Stacey

Oh, the Golden China is great! Even though we drive by there every day I don't know if they are opened back up yet. A lot of places aren't because they haven't been able to get fully restocked. The gas situation is beginning to get better although there are still long gas lines and only a few stations get gas each day. The Conoco station near our house has just given up and totally closed until further notice.

Wow, how scary! So glad you're alright. Our power was out for three days - and we're in central Alabama. It's wild how much damage wind and water can do. My cousin goes to Loyola in New Orleans - she almost decided not to evacuate, no one thought it would be as bad as it was. She left on Saturday with nothing but her car, purse and a couple of changes of clothes. She is dying to get back into the city so she can get her clothes!

Archived