Crazy Husband

schelscat

Question

Hi All,

Whenever I am working on a project, my husband will always ask "is that my underware?". So now I would like to find a pattern for boxers or briefs, maybe if I really make him some he will quit asking. Can anyone help me out? I promise I won't post a picture of him modeling :blush.

11 answers to this question

that is funny!:lol i bet you were able to chuckle along with him the first 50 or so times he said it:D

i don't know of any of the top of my head but i bet you will get some interesting answers.

That is funny. :lol Just typed in men's underwear in ravelry patterns and came up with 3 thongs and mesh shorts that is like a cross between boxer/briefs. Be funny to see his face when you give them to him.

I decided NOT to do a search for actual men's underwear patterns (for fear of what photos I might find...), but I remember a pattern for "His n Her" potholders that Crochet Class teacher at local library displayed.

While I can't find free copy online (AOL link no longer works), "Meowy" posted photo on Flickr which might be good enought for experienced crocheter to work from. Finished potholder pairs are being sold on ebay, as well as "Potholder crochet Pattern - Shorts & Panties - 1940's".

BTW, other unusual, fun potholder pattern from 1940's & 50's are available at http://www.Freevintagecrochet.com/potholders.html

I've seen ad in magazines like INTERWEAVE for http://whiteliesdesigns.com which has section of knitted women's lingerie--you might retort to teasing husband, no it's for me!

post-49337-135897654313_thumb.jpg

You guys are the best. I have been laughing my tush off, looking at some of these patterns. I am not sure which one I'm going to attempt, but I will keep all of posted.

If I were you, I'd get a pair of his undies, and just copy it!

Hold your stitches up to the undies, and make sure they're about the same size. You might have to go just a little larger if his are stretchy! :blush

I think this is funny, because this is just the kind of thing my DH and I do. He goes on about something, and then I find a way to make him hush! :rofl

Why not add a border to a pair he already owns?

I was at a friends house one day working on a doll dress for my niece.

The neighbor comes over and sees my work and asks what are you making?

Friend's husband says "A pair of underdrawers for me!"

I guess there is something in the male brain fixated on underwear!

Archived