Whose Crochet Studio/Space Would You Like to See?

Designers: We'd love to feature your studio! Read on for info on what to send us.

Readers: If you'd like to see the studio of a particular designer, please post your request in this thread.

Designer Crochet/Fiber Art Studio Space

A series of articles at Crochetville

Crochetville will be publishing a series of articles featuring the studio space of crochet designers. We would love to give you some free publicity by sharing information about your space! The articles may be published on our website, in our upcoming newsletter, on our Facebook page, and in other promotional materials. You are welcome to send us information about your crochet space/studio no matter how large or small it may be or whether it’s a dedicated space or just a section of a bedroom or living room.

We will be happy to provide you with a copy of the article that you may feature on your own website and in any of your own promotional materials. We just ask that you credit Crochetville as the source of the article and include a link back to our site.

You can email the photos and information requested below to amyshelton AT crochetville DOT org.

If you're not a designer but you have a crochet space/studio that you'd like us to feature, go ahead and send in your information, too. Our main focus will be on designer space at first, but we'd also like to share ideas "for crocheters by other crocheters" as we are able to do so.

Your Contact Information

Your name:

Company name:

Email address:

Link to website/blog:

Brief description of your business:

Photos

· Submit as many photos as you like (preferably in 300 dpi).

· Be sure photos are taken in good lighting and are clear and crisp without any blurriness.

· We suggest some overall studio shots as well as close-ups of any special features.

Your Studio Details

Please feel free to share information about any special furniture/equipment in your studio: manufacturer, website, pricing, desription of items and how you use them, etc.

· What are your favorite things about your studio?

· Why did you choose the items in your studio?

· How do you have things organized?

· How do you use your studio?

· Are there any things you would like to add to your studio?

· Is there anything you’d like to change about your studio?

Your Personal Information

Please answer any or all of the following questions in as much detail as you wish.

1. When and how did you learn to crochet?

2. When and how did you become interested in being a designer?

3. What are your favorite:

a. Items to design?

b. Fibers to work with?

c. Crochet hooks?

4. Anything else you’d like to share:

Thank You!

Thank you for allowing us to share information about your studio space with our members and visitors. We hope the article about your studio space will result in visits to your website!

Directory of Studio Spotlight Articles (alphabetically by last name)

Tracie Barrett

Edie Eckman

Melissa Horowzewski

• 4 weeks later...

Announcing the first in our series of Designer Studio Spotlight articles: Edie Eckman! Click here to take a virtual tour through her fabulous studio.

Designers, please let me know if you'd like to participate! I'll also be contacting some designers individually as I have time.

Villagers, if you have suggestions about which designers' studios you'd like to see, please post them here. I'll do my best to contact those of highest interest first.

Jean Leinhouser, Kim Guzman , Lily Chin, how about Amy's Studio.

Seriously, there is nothing to see. I have a wall of yarn in bins in the back bedroom. Other than that, I'm just your ordinary, sitting-on-the-couch crocheter, with my lap top on an end table. :lol

Seriously, there is nothing to see. I have a wall of yarn in bins in the back bedroom. Other than that, I'm just your ordinary, sitting-on-the-couch crocheter, with my lap top on an end table. :lol
LOL, OK, fine, but we still would enjoy an interview with you! (Your "space" sounds like mine, which is bins in closets and a heaped up coffee table! I, too have a corner of the couch!)

LOL, OK, fine, but we still would enjoy an interview with you! (Your "space" sounds like mine, which is bins in closets and a heaped up coffee table! I, too have a corner of the couch!)

However, I could go on and on and on about the house I moved into last year. My first time having a house and it's my grandmother's former cafe. She designed it and it's incredibly awesome. But, my work space? Definitely nothing to really talk about, I assure you. :laughroll

This sounds like my place but I have to admit I also have a laptop and IPad next to my chair with many Wips too I have a spare bedroom fill with my yarn stash lots of patterns. I just got your book Kim Guzman on Learn to do Tunisian Lace I like that it has an Interactive DVD with it look forward to doing a few of the projects I taught myself how to start tunisian and looking into Mosiac crocheting.

This sounds like my place but I have to admit I also have a laptop and IPad next to my chair with many Wips too I have a spare bedroom fill with my yarn stash lots of patterns. I just got your book Kim Guzman on Learn to do Tunisian Lace I like that it has an Interactive DVD with it look forward to doing a few of the projects I taught myself how to start tunisian and looking into Mosiac crocheting.

Wonderful! I hope you enjoy it! :compute

By the way, if you're interested in the mosaic look in crochet, have you seen my new Reversible Ripples Afghan book? I've done that in the mosaic style.

http://www.anniesattic.com/detail.html?prod_id=82779

/end blatant self-promotion :devil

• 3 weeks later...

Check out our newest article featuring the Designer Studio Space of Tracie Barrett! Click here to see how she makes a small space work for her!

• 4 months later...

Check out our newest article featuring the Designer Studio Space of Melissa Horozewski, author of AUSTENtatious Crochet! Click here to see her studio space and learn a little more about her!

Archived