crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

I'm lucky. Went to HL and Joann's yesterday, bought 14 skeins...Bruce takes me there and will pay for some of the stuff so I can use more coupons. I guess as long as I'm not bringing another animal home he's fine with it. Plus my craft stuff is still cheaper than his power tools. :lol

:turtle:vheart

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Penny, I think it could. The seem thicker/stronger but I used an I hook. I'm sure it could carry books.

I was SO blessed with my husband, I still thank God for him every day, even though he's not here any more. He would support any habit or crazy idea I got. I collected cabbage patch kids for a while. He let me spend $$$ on some original Xavier softies and he would spend hours in the baby departments at the stores helping me pick out clothes for them. lol Can't beat a man like that. I miss him, but I'm so glad I was blessed with him. :)

What size hook did you use for the cotton ease/cotton one! I have both peaches n'cream and sugar n' cream- just need to see which ones match the colors of cotton ease I have. How many skeins of each did you use?

I made one with all Sugar 'n Cream and used a K hook. I think I went through 4 balls. 2 super size solids and 2 regular size varigated.

I'm lucky. Went to HL and Joann's yesterday, bought 14 skeins...Bruce takes me there and will pay for some of the stuff so I can use more coupons. I guess as long as I'm not bringing another animal home he's fine with it. Plus my craft stuff is still cheaper than his power tools. :lol

Oh, fun times!!! My DH is actually quite good about my yarn addiction too- since his hobby is computers and techy stuff- and that costs more than my yarn habit!!!

I made one with all Sugar 'n Cream and used a K hook. I think I went through 4 balls. 2 super size solids and 2 regular size varigated.

Thanks Sue- So I'm thinking 2 Cotton Ease and 2 or 3 sugar or peaches n'cream....I'll try it with the K hook too- although I do crochet loosely- so maybe a J? We'll see ---but first to finish up SBT#6

Thanks Sue- So I'm thinking 2 Cotton Ease and 2 or 3 sugar or peaches n'cream....I'll try it with the K hook too- although I do crochet loosely- so maybe a J? We'll see ---but first to finish up SBT#6

I bought 2 of cotton ease and 2 of snc variegated. had quite a bit of 1 of the cotton ease left.

Today, i sent dd back to Michael's. They were clearancing out the cotton ease. Only had 3 colors left but I couldn't resist. Lionbrand website says it's discontinued. :( Love it.

Penny, I think it could. The seem thicker/stronger but I used an I hook. I'm sure it could carry books.

I was SO blessed with my husband, I still thank God for him every day, even though he's not here any more. He would support any habit or crazy idea I got. I collected cabbage patch kids for a while. He let me spend $$$ on some original Xavier softies and he would spend hours in the baby departments at the stores helping me pick out clothes for them. lol Can't beat a man like that. I miss him, but I'm so glad I was blessed with him. :)

I LOVE cabbage patch dolls! Did you ever crochet them clothing? My hubby's collection is way more expensive than buying yarn. He wanted to make my craft room into a GUN room because he collects firearms. :lol Needless to say he put an addition on because I refused to get rid of my craft stuff and so he built himself a gun room. LoL glad we compromised

14 skeins of what exactly? (in case I think you should send me some)

kuddles

14 skeins of what exactly? (in case I think you should send me some)

kuddles

Oh I should huh? Some ILTC, ILTY, Angel Hair, RHSS. :)

I LOVE cabbage patch dolls! Did you ever crochet them clothing? My hubby's collection is way more expensive than buying yarn. He wanted to make my craft room into a GUN room because he collects firearms. :lol Needless to say he put an addition on because I refused to get rid of my craft stuff and so he built himself a gun room. LoL glad we compromised

My mom still has my cabbage patch doll!

kuddles

My mom still has my cabbage patch doll!

kuddles

LoL, My friend had a cabbage patch doll when we were kids that was named after me. Her name was Penny Sue! So a few years ago i remembered it and on Halloween I put my hair in pig tails with pink bows and this aweful dress I found matched this dolls dress and I went to her house dressed up like that....She laughed and then cried because her cabbage patch doll burned up in a house fire which i didnt know! Kind of funny the things we dream up isnt it? Did anyone ever have the Koosa Pet that went with the cabbage patch doll?

Okay, nothing I need....at least right now! I'll let you know! LOL

kuddles

Okay then. :rofl

Although I did one of the totes with the Angel Hair and had to buy more! :)

I bought 2 of cotton ease and 2 of snc variegated. had quite a bit of 1 of the cotton ease left.

Today, i sent dd back to Michael's. They were clearancing out the cotton ease. Only had 3 colors left but I couldn't resist. Lionbrand website says it's discontinued. :( Love it.

I had stopped at my Michael's last evening and the Cotton Ease was not clearanced!:( But they did have some Lion Brand Wool Ease for 1.99 skein- so the 5 they had came home with me!:lol

I had stopped at my Michael's last evening and the Cotton Ease was not clearanced!:( But they did have some Lion Brand Wool Ease for 1.99 skein- so the 5 they had came home with me!:lol

Our's clearanced Cotton Ease awhile ago. I bought some, but there wasn't much left. Its nice to work with, but not worth the full price IMO.

I can remember standing in line to get Cabbage Patch Dolls when my DD's were younger- the things we do for our kids!!! They all have theirs! I didn't crochet back then- so I had to spend $ buying them clothes! I think that one of them had the Koosa pet too- but can't remember for sure- all I know is they had CPK's, Strawberry Shortcake and friends, My Little Pony's, CareBears, Teddy Ruxpin, Barbie, Ken and Skipper and then they got into the American Girl Dolls. No wonder I"ll probably never get to retire!:lol:lol:lol

Our's clearanced Cotton Ease awhile ago. I bought some, but there wasn't much left. Its nice to work with, but not worth the full price IMO.

I agree- I like the Cotton Ease but only when it's on clearance. I had bought quite a few skeins about a month ago when it was on clearance. Last night, though, Michael's had a full supply and they were all full price:think

remember me mentioning a few days ago i had yarn coming DH knew nothing about? well UPS just pulled up and :cheer

MY YARN HAS ARRIVED!

now you might be asking yourself how in the world im to hide 14 skeins of yarn from DH? after all hes not blind!!! :lol

well sionce i have my crochet business i have boxes al over the place from the post office to mail things.....its a case of "DONT TOUCH THAT ITLL FALL!"

so i managed to find two empty boxes and put said yarn in them.

:devil little critter aint i? LOL!

:cheer:clap:cheer

Got home from work and immediately went out to my containers of yarn in the garage!! And Yippee!!!:yay I found a skein of Turqua so I can finish the tote!!!!

While out there I found some ILTC, and some Cotton Ease (wondering if this would work ok with this tote) and some cotton- and of course, every single skein of yarn was screaming- I want to made into a tote!!!:lol

:lol Don't ya just hate when it yells at ya all the time! :lol

Well, I just finished (I think) the last item for my kitchen swap partner, I frogged 3 items this afternoon while at home from work under the weather.....so guess what? Next up, another stash buster! This time again with ribbon yarn and it is gonna be pretty! Can you say PINK!

kuddles

Ohhh, sounds interesting! I keep looking at the ribbon yarn, but haven't been brave enough to try any yet :lol. Bet it going to be real pretty! :yay

:cheer:clap:cheer

:lol Don't ya just hate when it yells at ya all the time! :lol

Ohhh, sounds interesting! I keep looking at the ribbon yarn, but haven't been brave enough to try any yet :lol. Bet it going to be real pretty! :yay

I was thinking of you the other day when I looked over and saw the RR I'm making for my grandson-to-be- or I should say NOT making, since I keep starting totes!!!!:lol

I can remember standing in line to get Cabbage Patch Dolls when my DD's were younger- the things we do for our kids!!! They all have theirs! I didn't crochet back then- so I had to spend $ buying them clothes! I think that one of them had the Koosa pet too- but can't remember for sure- all I know is they had CPK's, Strawberry Shortcake and friends, My Little Pony's, CareBears, Teddy Ruxpin, Barbie, Ken and Skipper and then they got into the American Girl Dolls. No wonder I"ll probably never get to retire!:lol:lol:lol

Lol gotta love strawberry shortcake and her friends lemon merangue, blueberry muffin and orange chiffon! <giggles> and their hair used to smell like the flavor. Also still have a strawberry shortake cook book & strawberry shortake rollar skates.....lol

I worked on the sales floor at Kmart when they came out. We would get them in and the manager would stand at the doorway into the warehouse and literally throw the boxes out! 30 women dived to get it! OMG!

kuddles

Mine is discontinued Ticker Tape. Super soft !!!

kuddles

I worked on the sales floor at Kmart when they came out. We would get them in and the manager would stand at the doorway into the warehouse and literally throw the boxes out! 30 women dived to get it! OMG!

kuddles

LoL OMG!!! That is absolutely crazy i would not stoop that low for anything to be diving in a warehouse against 30 other women...

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

Thank you all for your love.... well wishes.... concern... and compliments!!! :hug

Well............I finally got a chance to line one of my StashBusters so I can get it out in the mail! :whew

It was so stinkin' simple... I just couldnt get a moment to be on my sewing machine!

Here is how I cut the fabric......

[ATTACH]39063[/ATTACH]

Here it is installed.......

[ATTACH]39064[/ATTACH]

Heres the tote and extra items that are all going to a friend......

[ATTACH]39065[/ATTACH]

~*~I have at present created......

3 Stash Busters

1 Checkered Granny Go Round

1 Diamond Bands tote

1 Gathered Tortoise Shells

1 Granny's Bag

1 Reversible Clutch

1 Tortoise Shells Gift Bag

1 Felted Handbag... (not yet felted)

Okay... need a :mug refill... check to see if my carpet is dry from cleaning it this morning... change out laundry.. and get back to my hook and yarn.

:heart

:mug

Great job, yours looks easier than what I did :think:lol Pic to follow....

NOW MARY!!!!! :lol

im not an addict am i? surely not me? :eek

i didnt see any new yarn come in the house today:P

Hmmmmm, you're in the stage of denial :devil:lol

I think I might work on my knit sweater tonight since it's been tossed aside for a while now :blush I should be able to finish a sleeve tonight :think

Archived