crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Good Morning! It's supposed to be 65 here today, but the cold is coming next week.

Here's the picture of the SBT for the school auction. Its' navy blue, red, and white (their school colors).

Today is the day my niece has her bone marrow transplant. Please be praying for her.

I agree with the others....tote looks great and you bet she will get my prayers!

Mama K

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yikes! Crazy weather!

Yeah the high today, yesterday, said 41..then this morning when it was 43 at 8am it said 43... Now it says 52..because, yup, the temp is 52..and it's only 10:30am.

Not good weather all over the country for farmer's including here.

well ladies i prayed for positivity in the new year and i got it! THREE orders for lapghans and its not even the second week of January yet! i prayed things would start looking up fir my business and it did! i didnt really wanna close the door on Christys Creations but had seriously considered it if things didnt get any better.

well ladies i prayed for positivity in the new year and i got it! THREE orders for lapghans and its not even the second week of January yet! i prayed things would start looking up fir my business and it did! i didnt really wanna close the door on Christys Creations but had seriously considered it if things didnt get any better.

:cheer:clap:applause

Great News!!!

:hug:manyheart

Yeah the high today, yesterday, said 41..then this morning when it was 43 at 8am it said 43... Now it says 52..because, yup, the temp is 52..and it's only 10:30am.

Not good weather all over the country for farmer's including here.

Do you have any damage or is it too early to tell?

:cheer WTG!!! Congrats!!! :clap

Do you have any damage or is it too early to tell?

For here we are heading back in to something a bit more normal, not that we've had normal this year. We usually have at least some snow cover most of the winter. I can count on one hand how many days of snow on the ground. Our normal highs should be low to mid 30's..not the 50 degrees we've seen! They are getting some snow in the mts where our irrigation water comes from. We are high desert in E Washington and depend on the snow pack for our irrigation water, not our snow or rain.

Some have reported buds starting to move/swell on some plants. So far the trees seem to be fine in the orchard.

Thanks on the comments on the tote.

And thanks for the prayers for Sherri. They were suppose to start at 3 pm today, but they just started (about 8:30 pm). She's in so much pain from the chemo and radiation treatments today. At least we got to see her for awhile tonight.

Ducky - congrats on the getting orders!!

Mary - hope you don't get much damage from cold weather.

Well, I'd better go, I promised to pray when she started her transplant. Will keep you posted on her progress.

Sherry- I hope all went well with the transplant for your niece- I'll keep praying for her!

Happy Friday to you all--except Sue that is, since she works on Saturday- so Friday is just another regular day! For me- the countdown to the weekend has begun!!!

Weather is warming up here for the weekend (50's) which I'm very happy about. I don't like it when it's in the teens!!!

Off to get ready---have a wonderful day one and all!

Woot! Happy Friday all! We might break a record today if we push into the low 60s....which could happen! Wow!

Sherry, please keep us posted hon, prayers continuing....

Mary - hang in there!

Ducky - woot!

Joanne / Ann - hi to you my buddies!!!

Sue - how is your back doing?

Love from Mama K

Temps are back in the upper 60's and low 70's. Still chilly in the AM, but bareable. :)

Back is still bothering me (I was in a car accident years ago). The dr. just wants PT, but I can't do that (don't like people touching me). I have a TENS unit so I use that. Ordered new electrodes for it along with a lumbar one (normally its just little round ones).

Its gonna be a long week. Boss and one co-worker have a meeting on Monday so I have to work. So I won't get a day off until Tues. Sigh.

:hug to all!

:turtle:vheart

Temps are back in the upper 60's and low 70's. Still chilly in the AM, but bareable. :)

Back is still bothering me (I was in a car accident years ago). The dr. just wants PT, but I can't do that (don't like people touching me). I have a TENS unit so I use that. Ordered new electrodes for it along with a lumbar one (normally its just little round ones).

Its gonna be a long week. Boss and one co-worker have a meeting on Monday so I have to work. So I won't get a day off until Tues. Sigh.

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Mama k

Is it to early to start packing? I officially book my flight and hotel and am trying to figure out my yarn, computer, nook, all the other stuff i need to take ratio since we dont check bags. ugh I probably should have started before christmas lol

Hi Everyone! I'm looking for those warm temps you guys are talking about! :lol We got a dusting of snow over night. I can't say how cold it is today. I haven't checked the weather channel and I'm not going outside! :P I'm taking the Symbol Crochet class by Edie Eckman and having fun! Is anyone else here taking it? I've had so much trouble understanding charts, but Edie is making it seems easy! (so far! this is day one!:lol) Have a great evening! :hug

For here we are heading back in to something a bit more normal, not that we've had normal this year. We usually have at least some snow cover most of the winter. I can count on one hand how many days of snow on the ground. Our normal highs should be low to mid 30's..not the 50 degrees we've seen! They are getting some snow in the mts where our irrigation water comes from. We are high desert in E Washington and depend on the snow pack for our irrigation water, not our snow or rain.

Some have reported buds starting to move/swell on some plants. So far the trees seem to be fine in the orchard.

I hope everything will be ok! :hug

:hug:hug:hug

Is it to early to start packing? I officially book my flight and hotel and am trying to figure out my yarn, computer, nook, all the other stuff i need to take ratio since we dont check bags. ugh I probably should have started before christmas lol

Heck, yeah, get those bags packed! :lol

Thanks Mama and Ann. :hug The meeting was cancelled so I work my normal week next week. The last one before classes start again.

:cheer We need to figure out where we're meeting up!! :cheer

Thanks Mama and Ann. :hug The meeting was cancelled so I work my normal week next week. The last one before classes start again.

besides disney, and seawold i have no clue what is there...wanna go to disney???:D

HI all,

Warm weather here too- in the 50's--which for January in NJ is warm! Tomorrow more of the same!!!! Woot!!!

I'm going into work in the AM for a couple of hours. This new project leader stuff is kicking my you know what. But in the afternoon, I'm babysitting for my GS!!! Stopped on the way home tonight just to unwind--something about the innocence of children that makes everything seem all right!!!

Have a good night everyone!

Enjoy this last week before classes! :hug

HI all,

Warm weather here too- in the 50's--which for January in NJ is warm! Tomorrow more of the same!!!! Woot!!!

I'm going into work in the AM for a couple of hours. This new project leader stuff is kicking my you know what. But in the afternoon, I'm babysitting for my GS!!! Stopped on the way home tonight just to unwind--something about the innocence of children that makes everything seem all right!!!

Have a good night everyone!

Aww, all this Ryan snuggle time! Lucky you! I'm missing my grandbabies! Maddie got her second tooth this week! I want to go see that little smile! :lol

Hi all, a busy, busy day. Glad it's Friday and I can get to bed by 10. Both boys are here tonight, but were asleep by 7:30 (which means they will probably be up early-sigh).

Update on Sherri - Got a message from nephew that she was doing good this morning. Haven't heard anything tonight. Will probably check again tomorrow and see how she's doing.

No crocheting tonight, read a book instead. I have to wait until 10 to go to bed since I have to take the TV off record (it's the science fiction channel) and if GS wakes up in the middle of the night, he'll be scared of whatever is on that channel.

Glad some of you are getting warmer weather. It was like spring here yesterday and today but the bottom will fall out beginning tomorrow--north cold air is coming our way (at least it should be dry--at least for now that's what's being said).

Sue - sorry you still have back hurts--too bad you're too far away to go to my chiropractor. Enjoy your "weekend" whenever it is.

Joanne - glad you got some grandma time with the little one.

Tonya - enjoy planning what to pack! I usually wait until the night before or the morning of to pack!

Enjoy your evening and your weekend.

:hi Hey everybody! We had crazy warm temps here today, too. I went shopping for some groceries and just wore a sweatshirt over my t shirt, no coat! I had to roll the back windows down on the car a little, too, with the sun shining in it was really warm!! :lol

I took Arielle (my 8 year old daughter) to basketball practice tonight, and she is GOOD! I am surprised, as neither her father nor I am sports-inclined... she dribbles the ball, guards it from the other players, and took it down the court and made a basket TWICE! Yes, this mama was impressed! :yes

Okay, I'm heading off to la-la land. Yes, I know it's early for me ~ the basketball star has practice in the morning!! :lol

It's been great reading all of you! :hug

Thanks Ann and Sherry! :hug

besides disney, and seawold i have no clue what is there...wanna go to disney???:D

Okay, but which Disney? We have 4. Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM (they changed the name, but still movie related) and Animal Kingdom. There's Universal Studios too. Just went to Sea World last week.

Thanks Ann and Sherry! :hug

Okay, but which Disney? We have 4. Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM (they changed the name, but still movie related) and Animal Kingdom. There's Universal Studios too. Just went to Sea World last week.

I have never been to any, animal kingdom sounds cool, so does Magic Kingdom (although I told jeff i wouldnt subject him and the boys to it :lol) is it really $85 for any of the parks per person? I thought magic kingdom was more

Good morning to all!

First weekend in over a month and a half we have NO plans! So we eased into our day, right now Baby K is playing Angry Birds while I wake up. I'd like to do some sewing today.....we'll see if that happens!

Love to all!

Mama K

Hi Everyone! Late start for me. I actually slept in 'til, get this.....9:20am! :eek Poor Juno needed to go potty! :dog DH was pulling in from work just as I was putting on my coat to take her out! :blush Well, we finally got the warm weather! It's gorgeous out today! It's not supposed to last long, but I'll take even one day.

Sherry, glad to hear that your niece is doing good. Please keep us updated.

Melani, it's wonderful that your dd is good at sports! I'm terrible at sports, but my boys have always been good at them.

Mama K, a nice easy weekend, how wonderful! Hope you do get some sewing time in!

Sue, hope your back is feeling better today!

Joanne, enjoying your "Ryan" time? :D

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! :hug

I have never been to any, animal kingdom sounds cool, so does Magic Kingdom (although I told jeff i wouldnt subject him and the boys to it :lol) is it really $85 for any of the parks per person? I thought magic kingdom was more

Magic Kingdom is more for kids. Not really my thing. :) Animal Kingdom is cool. They have a safari thing that we really liked last time we went. IDK what the prices are since we get FL resident pricing.

Archived