crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here are pics of the knitted dishcloth and hat I finished up last night! The cloth is the Marine Corp emblem and it's another UBW hat.

Beautiful! And no wonder that knitting was hurting your hands; a friend of mine made a cloth that said "mom" for my mom a couple years ago ~ she said the needles she used were smaller in order to make the pattern show up better, and it was very hard on her hands! :) I love that hat, too - my favorite colors!! :hook

Here are pics of the knitted dishcloth and hat I finished up last night! The cloth is the Marine Corp emblem and it's another UBW hat.

Do you have this pattern book Ann? Garden Dishcloths I have it, but can't knit to save my life. If you want it I'll send it to you. :)

:turtle:vheart

Beautiful! And no wonder that knitting was hurting your hands; a friend of mine made a cloth that said "mom" for my mom a couple years ago ~ she said the needles she used were smaller in order to make the pattern show up better, and it was very hard on her hands! :) I love that hat, too - my favorite colors!! :hook

Thank you. Yeah, those size 5 needles were killers! :lol I was pretty happy with the hat too! :)

Do you have this pattern book Ann? Garden Dishcloths I have it, but can't knit to save my life. If you want it I'll send it to you. :)

Yes, I do have that book, thank you though! :hug

so I am very proud of myself. I just dropped off a bunch of stuff that I finally finished. A blanket I started last feb. 2 of the owl scarves, and an owl sweater. I am happy to get them out of my house and work on something new. I am thinking a stellar pair of gloves since its about 20 degrees out

Hi All,

Ann - great dishcloth and hat!! You did a great job on them.

Tonya - way to go!

Sue- WOW!!! 26 skeins!!! I'm sure we'll be seeing some beautiful totes soon!

Joanne - Hope you're week is going well!

Tomorrow is my last day for the week!!! It will be a crazy one though. I have a lot to get done. The grandsons will be with me on Friday since I won't be going in. We'll have a great time playing games, playing the guitar (they each got one for Christmas) and singing. Then I bought some paints for them, they love to sit and paint. Haven't done much crocheting this week since the boys have been here every night. I have an SBT and baby blanket to make for GS silent auction in February. I better get busy cause February will be here before we know it :)

Have a great evening!

so I am very proud of myself. I just dropped off a bunch of stuff that I finally finished. A blanket I started last feb. 2 of the owl scarves, and an owl sweater. I am happy to get them out of my house and work on something new. I am thinking a stellar pair of gloves since its about 20 degrees out

:cheer:yay:cheer:yay Way To Go!!! :cheer:cheer:yay:yay

:clap Love them both! Glad you had a nice visit yesterday!!! My DD and her BF have been wearing their hats and a couple of their friends commented on how warm they looked and wanted to know where they got them- so DD has asked me if I can make 4 of them- by next Friday! :eek Thankfully, they work up quickly!!!

Since Ann already has the book, would you mind sending it my way? I started to knit last night at craft club! Just knit, no purl yet--and I actually think I get it!:D Definitely way SLOWER than crochet, but i like the idea of learning something new. I cast on 32 stitches and completed 7 rows last night. (If I were crocheting it'd probably be about 25 rows completed:lol:lol)

:clap:clap What a great feeling to have so many things finished!!!! I'm thinking a stellar pair of gloves is a great idea:yes

Hi All,

Tonya - way to go!

Sue- WOW!!! 26 skeins!!! I'm sure we'll be seeing some beautiful totes soon!

Joanne - Hope you're week is going well!

Tomorrow is my last day for the week!!! It will be a crazy one though. I have a lot to get done. The grandsons will be with me on Friday since I won't be going in. We'll have a great time playing games, playing the guitar (they each got one for Christmas) and singing. Then I bought some paints for them, they love to sit and paint. Haven't done much crocheting this week since the boys have been here every night. I have an SBT and baby blanket to make for GS silent auction in February. I better get busy cause February will be here before we know it :)

Have a great evening!

Week is going well Sherry- very busy- and I'm transitioning a lot of my current responsibilities- and a little nervous about my upcoming responsibilities as a project leader! I know it'll be some long hours- so I'm going to enjoy these last couple of days --I must say the commute to work and back has been awesome this week with half the state on vacation I think!

Had a fun time at craft club- and like I mentioned I learned how to knit- started a scarf (that will probably take me till next Christmas to finish:lol:lol)All knit (no purl stitch yet). It's therapeutic in that I really have to focus and it's forcing me to slow down a bit! But I do love my :crocheting

Mama K- hope you and Baby K had a good day yesterday! Vacation is just flying on by isn't it? Enjoy every moment!!!!!

I'll be stopping in AC Moore tonight on the way home from Paradise---to see if they have the Cotton Tots---my $10.00 reward certificate came in the mail!!! Free yarn is always good yarn!!!! If they carry it, I'm going to hold off until it goes on sale thought- that way I get more yarn for free!

Good morning! Baby K and I sure had a busy day yesterday! Today: she goes to the daycare for one day so Mama K can get some things done around here! She is excited to see her friends and I'm excited too!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Mama K

Good Morning Everyone! Slow start around here today. Need to get my butt in gear! :lol

WTG!!! A stellar pair of gloves sounds like a great idea!

Hi All,

Have a great evening!

Thanks, I enjoyed making them even if it was last minute! :lol Have a great time with the boys!

:clap Love them both! Glad you had a nice visit yesterday!!! My DD and her BF have been wearing their hats and a couple of their friends commented on how warm they looked and wanted to know where they got them- so DD has asked me if I can make 4 of them- by next Friday! :eek Thankfully, they work up quickly!!!

Since Ann already has the book, would you mind sending it my way? I started to knit last night at craft club! Just knit, no purl yet--and I actually think I get it!:D Definitely way SLOWER than crochet, but i like the idea of learning something new. I cast on 32 stitches and completed 7 rows last night. (If I were crocheting it'd probably be about 25 rows completed:lol:lol)

:clap:clap What a great feeling to have so many things finished!!!! I'm thinking a stellar pair of gloves is a great idea:yes

Week is going well Sherry- very busy- and I'm transitioning a lot of my current responsibilities- and a little nervous about my upcoming responsibilities as a project leader! I know it'll be some long hours- so I'm going to enjoy these last couple of days --I must say the commute to work and back has been awesome this week with half the state on vacation I think!

Had a fun time at craft club- and like I mentioned I learned how to knit- started a scarf (that will probably take me till next Christmas to finish:lol:lol)All knit (no purl stitch yet). It's therapeutic in that I really have to focus and it's forcing me to slow down a bit! But I do love my :crocheting

Mama K- hope you and Baby K had a good day yesterday! Vacation is just flying on by isn't it? Enjoy every moment!!!!!

I'll be stopping in AC Moore tonight on the way home from Paradise---to see if they have the Cotton Tots---my $10.00 reward certificate came in the mail!!! Free yarn is always good yarn!!!! If they carry it, I'm going to hold off until it goes on sale thought- that way I get more yarn for free!

WOW, 4 hats! It is a good thing they work up quick! :lol Have fun with the dishcloth book from Sue! You're going to love it! Ooohhh, and hope you find the Cotton Tots!

Good morning! Baby K and I sure had a busy day yesterday! Today: she goes to the daycare for one day so Mama K can get some things done around here! She is excited to see her friends and I'm excited too!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Mama K

Have a great day Mama! Do something nice for you today, not just work around the house! :hug

Back is killing me. Had to take the big boy (180+ pounder) upstairs for x-rays. He's not even full grown yet and fiesty!! :( Got the heating pad on now. Going to be an early night.

Joanne, remind me if you don't hear from me by Monday to send the book out to you. :)

Joanne, I'll get it out to you! Need any needles? I have a couple sets collecting dust. :)

Oooh-- that would be cool--I have one pair of size 8's that I bought to try out knitting!! Thank you so much!!!:hug:hug:hug I think I'm going to like knitting- as a change up from crochet--definitely NOT a replacement for crochet--cause that is my first love:crocheting

Back is killing me. Had to take the big boy (180+ pounder) upstairs for x-rays. He's not even full grown yet and fiesty!! :( Got the heating pad on now. Going to be an early night.

Joanne, remind me if you don't hear from me by Monday to send the book out to you. :)

:hug:hugHope the heating bag and a little rest will have your back feeling better quickly!! No worries about the book-- but if it's a few weeks and I don't hear from you- i'll give you a gentle reminder!:hug

Didn't stop at AC Moore tonight- didn't get out of Paradise till 6 and just wanted to get home! Anyway, the more I thought about it, I'm going to wait till they have yarn on sale plus a 20% off total purchase including sale items so I'll get more bang for my free bucks!!!

Ann- You're not kidding that I'm glad that the UBW hats work up quickly! I'm glad that they've become such a hit with DD and friends! And I thank Dot Matthews for the great, easy warm hat pattern!

Kuddles- Hope you and Baby K had another wonderful day of vacation! Can't wait till tomorrow at 4:30---and then 3 days off!!!

The new years eve get together @ DD's SIL and Bil's house may be cancelled- she is pregnant and now has a cold No worries, though- I'll just knit or crochet and maybe watch the ball drop and call it a night! In any event, my DD is not going cause she doesn't want GS exposed to the cold so if she's not going, I don't think we will either!

Dinner is ready- so off I go!

Hope the heating pad and rest work! :hug

Didn't stop at AC Moore tonight- didn't get out of Paradise till 6 and just wanted to get home! Anyway, the more I thought about it, I'm going to wait till they have yarn on sale plus a 20% off total purchase including sale items so I'll get more bang for my free bucks!!!

Ann- You're not kidding that I'm glad that the UBW hats work up quickly! I'm glad that they've become such a hit with DD and friends! And I thank Dot Matthews for the great, easy warm hat pattern!

Kuddles- Hope you and Baby K had another wonderful day of vacation! Can't wait till tomorrow at 4:30---and then 3 days off!!!

The new years eve get together @ DD's SIL and Bil's house may be cancelled- she is pregnant and now has a cold No worries, though- I'll just knit or crochet and maybe watch the ball drop and call it a night! In any event, my DD is not going cause she doesn't want GS exposed to the cold so if she's not going, I don't think we will either!

Dinner is ready- so off I go!

Sounds like a good plan about the yarn! Sorry your plans may have changed for New Year's Eve. Personnally crocheting or knitting sound better to me these days than going out partying! I guess I'm getting old! :lol Anyway, DH will be working, so I'll probably be in bed long before the ball drops! :lol

I was lucky and was cancelled from work tonight. woo hoo

stellar gloves were a no go, and the wrist warmers I decided on ....yep the yarn is wool and i am itching like mad from it. so I put them aside and am working on the worlds most colorful blanket. I am using up all my balls of yarn with a black yarn as a second color.so far i have used up about 20 balls...now my dh can quit complaining about me not using up yarn i have :lol

Off for 4 days!!!! WOOT!!! I will probably have the boys most of that time, but we'll have fun, bought them some poster paints, so I'll have lots of lovely pictures to put on the fridge.

Sue - take care of that back.

Joanne - glad you're learning to knit--that's what I did at first but it's just not my thing--I'd rather crochet.

Mama K - hope you're enjoying your time with Baby K.

Tonya - I can't work with wool at all. I have to stick with WW or cotton.

DH said we'd go to HL on Saturday (ILTY is on sale) and I could get more. Not sure if I'll use my gift card or not. Haven't decided what to do with it yet.

Well, I'd better get ready for bed. I'm sure the little one will be up early.

Have a great evening!

Good Morning! :D Rise and Shine! Time to start the day! I've been up since 3, so there's no excuse for you! :lol Let's just hope this is a productive day. Yesterday wasn't. :no I do have a new scarf pattern printed out and I'm hoping to start that today. Let's see if these old fingers will cooperate! :crocheting Have a great day everyone! :hug

OHHH!!! Joanne! Did you see?!!! AC Moore has 20% off Sat morning from 9am until noon!!! :devil I got the email this morning!

I was lucky and was cancelled from work tonight. woo hoo

stellar gloves were a no go, and the wrist warmers I decided on ....yep the yarn is wool and i am itching like mad from it. so I put them aside and am working on the worlds most colorful blanket. I am using up all my balls of yarn with a black yarn as a second color.so far i have used up about 20 balls...now my dh can quit complaining about me not using up yarn i have :lol

WOOT for work being cancelled! Boo for the wool yarn causing you to itch! I'm allergic to wool too. The blanket sounds wonderful!

Off for 4 days!!!! WOOT!!! I will probably have the boys most of that time, but we'll have fun, bought them some poster paints, so I'll have lots of lovely pictures to put on the fridge.

DH said we'd go to HL on Saturday (ILTY is on sale) and I could get more. Not sure if I'll use my gift card or not. Haven't decided what to do with it yet.

Well, I'd better get ready for bed. I'm sure the little one will be up early.

Have a great evening!

WOOT for you having time off too!!! :yay I bet the boys will love the poster paints! Oooohhh, and you get to go to HL on Sat!!!! WOOT!!!! Sounds like a great weekend to me! :cheer

Sue, I hope your back is feeling better today! :hug

Mama K, I know you and Baby K are enjoying your time together! :) Bet it's flying by!

Time to take the dog out. I'll be back! :hug

Well good morning all! Thanks for all the 'hope ya had a good day' and 'enjoy your time with Baby K' comments! Love you guys!

Sue - oh honey, hope your back gets better soon! You've sure had a very rough December! Maybe the new year will be kinder to your health!

I DID do something for myself yesterday! I sat and watched a movie...yes a movie! Alone, an adult one! WOOT!! I signed up for one month free trial of Netflix streaming video and plan on using it to the max...if I can!

Well today Baby K and I are together again. Not even sure what we will do today. After daycare yesterday, she has a bit of a 'tood. Always does after going there and being around other kids.......oh well. She IS 7 going on 17!

Hugs to all!

Mama K

Mama K glad you got to enjoy your movie. We have netflix and watch it some. Did watch some holiday movies that we hadn't seen. I understand about an attitude--my littlest gs is picking up some really bad habits at daycare.

Sue - hope the back is better. Stay on that heating pad as much as you can.

Ann - hope your day is good.

So much for sleeping late--why is it when you need to get up early, you can't wake up and when you can sleep late, you get up early????? Little GS woke up at 6 and wanted to go in the living room. Guess I'll be taking a nap today!

Have a great day and hugs to all!!

Well today Baby K and I are together again. Not even sure what we will do today. After daycare yesterday, she has a bit of a 'tood. Always does after going there and being around other kids.......oh well. She IS 7 going on 17!

Also frequently happens when kids come back from "the other parent" especially if the discipline is different there. A friend of mine in that situation lets her kids have a 1/2 hour in their room. Not as a punishment but more as a kind of unwind time. Sit and read a book or something. The kids are old enough to know why and usually it makes a big difference, especially for her son.

So maybe that could work??

Also frequently happens when kids come back from "the other parent" especially if the discipline is different there. A friend of mine in that situation lets her kids have a 1/2 hour in their room. Not as a punishment but more as a kind of unwind time. Sit and read a book or something. The kids are old enough to know why and usually it makes a big difference, especially for her son.

So maybe that could work??

Thanks for the tip! She is SUCH a girl....mood changes so quickly, very dramatic....what in the world was I thinking! :eek

Mama K

Well good morning all! Thanks for all the 'hope ya had a good day' and 'enjoy your time with Baby K' comments! Love you guys!

I DID do something for myself yesterday! I sat and watched a movie...yes a movie! Alone, an adult one! WOOT!! I signed up for one month free trial of Netflix streaming video and plan on using it to the max...if I can!

Hugs to all!

Mama K

Hurray! Glad you took time for yourself! My son used to have Netflix, don't know if he still does. I keep thinking about it, but I'm afraid I won't want to give it up after the free period is up! :lol

Mama K glad you got to enjoy your movie. We have netflix and watch it some. Did watch some holiday movies that we hadn't seen. I understand about an attitude--my littlest gs is picking up some really bad habits at daycare.

Ann - hope your day is good.

So much for sleeping late--why is it when you need to get up early, you can't wake up and when you can sleep late, you get up early????? Little GS woke up at 6 and wanted to go in the living room. Guess I'll be taking a nap today!

Have a great day and hugs to all!!

Hope you got a nap in! I didn't, so hopefully I sleep well tonight!

Thanks for the tip! She is SUCH a girl....mood changes so quickly, very dramatic....what in the world was I thinking! :eek

Mama K

:lol I used to watch my niece every once in a while when my kids were young and boy, what an experience that was after only having boys! :lol She is just a couple years younger than them, so she was about your daughter's age now. Ummm, let's just say, I love her, but was I glad when it was time for her to go home! :D God gave me boys for a reason! :lol

Good morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We survived the evening....another family party. Got home at around 9:30, Baby K couldn't go right to bed although she was so tired.....good news is, I was able to sleep in....till 7! Woot!

Today is just stuff....around the house....groceries....the usual.....I always stay in on New Years Eve......too many driving out there that I don't want to encounter!

Well, have a super day all!

Love Mama K

Archived