Bernat Berella 4

justvicki

I buy it online also, Very dense and heavy yarn great for afghans. I haven't seen it in any of my local stores. I like the way it works with Vanna's choice (which is a little looser yarn), but they can be switched for each other.

I like it too - a little pricey since its only 3.5 ozs., but it really is a great afghan yarn. I just placed an order online with my regular person, and she told me her supplier told her it is supposed to be discontinued. :(

I love that yarn, and have bought it only online, except for one time when Michael's sold it for a very brief period then clearanced it almost immediately. The colors are lovely.

I did the same thing when Michaels had it for 99 cents a skein and I bought tons of it, then never saw it again. They also had Vanna's for 99 cents for a short period of time, then it was brought in at the higher price.

LI Roe

Just looked on their website and it is listed as discontinued. Hope this helps.

Say it isn't so!!! Guess I had better head to my fav online store and buy it while I still can. Thanks for the heads up.

Just looked on their website and it is listed as discontinued. Hope this helps.

Such a good yarn, what a shame. This is one I will really miss!!!:(:(

I had to go and pet my skeins and gently tell them they will no longer have cousins anymore.

Why is it that the really nice quality and pretty yarns seem to be discontinued? Don't the manufacturers know that we want good yarn? I guess not. They probably think no one is buying it but obviously they do not read the comments when they take away the good stuff.

AAAUUUGGGHHHH!!!!

LI Roe

I have about 16 skeins of a really pretty plum color that was discontinued a couple of years ago still in my stash that hasn't gotten earmarked for anything yet. Will have to look for a really nice pattern for a solid color afghan to add to my WIP.

I wrote to Bernat asking the reason for it being discontinued (knowing full well it had to be money related). This was my response:

Hi

When we discontinue a product or a color within a current product, this is not done lightly. Research on how well the product or colors are selling is what determines whether we keep it or discontinue it.

I am sorry to say that even though we loved Bernat Berella 4, it has become a very low selling item and we have been forced to discontinue it.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for purchasing our products.

So it's goodbye Berella 4 :yarn:eek:(

Archived