In April I Will ......

ratdog

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For my daughter's 1st birthday last month we crocheted WW cotton over plastic eggs we filled with popcorn, rice, or beans (and taped with packing tape for stability. The toddlers loved them & would be great for egg hunts too.

Finished up the bag part now need to do the straps on a swap bag I am doing.... I have been crocheting a gazillion miniature easter eggs in thread and they are the sweetest little things... I am now thinking my nephew and niece need a set to egg hunt with ( they are toddlers)

:oops that reminds me I ordered the yarn for dh flannel-ghan!! It should be in next week!!! How is it going together? Is it pretty quick?

I am on row 4, but my squares are only 6inchs by 6 inches. I will need to make at least 13 rows to make it long enough.

ok, so what is a flannelghan?

On this site is a thread called "Lumberjack Flanneighan" by RoseRed. It is on the 2nd page when I last looked on Crochet Alongs.

For my daughter's 1st birthday last month we crocheted WW cotton over plastic eggs we filled with popcorn, rice, or beans (and taped with packing tape for stability. The toddlers loved them & would be great for egg hunts too.

Great idea! The littles will have a blast with these!:clap

I finished up all but the lining of the purse I need to finish for the swap... I got a bit side tracked with the baby bootees making one of the adorable Baby Bear hats... now I am going to have to make a few more of those to tuck in with my June NICU donations....

I love working on the flannelghan and the colors are just yummy!!! (black and orange) I have a few projects for the basket of goodies swap so I have to put it on hold for a few but it's so fun!

sja...how is yours coming along?

minwifeof4boys...where are the bear hats, those do sound very cute.

sja...how is yours coming along?

I got side tracked by a book and life in general. I haven't picked it up at all today. I want to get it made by the end of the month. How are you joining it? I am sewing strips together. My friend is adding her as she makes the block.

you are so right...those bear hats are so very cute, I've got to make a couple of those!! I may tack those onto next month...LOL!

sja....I"m just going to whip-stitch it together, I was thinking about just doing it in one piece but it would be a larger project to drag along somewhere.

I've sewn together 12 of 16 nine inch squares for my first sample of my Crochet Along Sampler. Only 1 more block to work out then I can have a finished sample & start posting pics on my blog. :cheer

This week was also trying patterns for tiny preemie hats for NICU (http://teenytinytreasures.blogspot.com/2008/06/10-minute-crochet-preemie-hat.html) and Crocheted Breasts (http://theknittingexperience.com/knitted_knockers_program/) for cancer patients.

I got a bit side tracked with the baby bootees making one of the adorable Baby Bear hats... now I am going to have to make a few more of those to tuck in with my June NICU donations....

What bootie pattern do you use? Always looking for ideas for our NICU project.

Susan, the teddy bear hats are right here on the Ville! http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=125090

They work up very quickly!:c9

Those are cute. Though the bow on the girly one makes me want to make the ears black & slightly larger for Mickey & Minnie Mouse hats. :yes

Here is the open heel bootee pattern I used..

http://debscrafts55.blogspot.com/2008/02/open-heeled-preemie-booties.html

I must admit I spent the whole day cross stitching BUT the new yarn came in for my easter bag so as soon as I sign off the hook will blaze until bedtime!:hook

Finished the rattle!!!!!!

Now I have to wrap the gifts for the baby and bid sis and deliver them next week.

Horray:cheer

I added another row to my Flannel'ghan.

I finished one of the purses I needed to get done. I need to finish the next one by Easter morning.... I got the yarn today for some more bootees and bear hats.

My Gram took a spill yesterday and broke her hip ( she is 92) so I probably will make a walker caddy to send to WV for her when she goes to rehab.

I have finished & sewn together all the squares for my first sampler baby afghan, just deciding what kind of edging to put on it.

My Gram took a spill yesterday and broke her hip ( she is 92) so I probably will make a walker caddy to send to WV for her when she goes to rehab.

Do you have a link to a pattern for this? I have been wanting to make one for my 95yo Grandma ever since she started using a walker full time.

I finished one of the purses I needed to get done. I need to finish the next one by Easter morning.... I got the yarn today for some more bootees and bear hats.

I hope she is doing well. A walker caddy would be a great gift.

Bunny blankey friend and carrot rattle both patterns from Lionbrand's website

The teaset is from Red Heart's site but it has been modified because I felt the pieces were too small. The cookies were from two other patterns found through CPC.

post-23494-135897649795_thumb.jpg

post-23494-135897649799_thumb.jpg

Archived