In April I Will ......

ratdog

Welcome to the April CAL! No foolin, we are going to have fun and get those projects done!

Easter is in a few weeks! And the warmer weather will be here. Are you going to work on lighter projects this month?

Are you going to make some new dish cloths for your kitchen to help with Spring Cleaning?

30 days in April ... how will you use them?

I plan on making a tea set for a little girl I love. As of last night I had two tea cups and a plate of cookies completed.

Then I will make a Carrot Rattle for her baby brother who is due in early May.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Everyone!

I am just getting back into being online with the site after being forced to take a break for medical reasons. I am trying to do some stuff and not stress myself out too much physically with the projects. The only thing I have done since the new year is a baby round ripple! LOL

So in April I will... :eek

1 - Make a quilted afghan for my niece's 12th birthday. I think she is old enough to appreciate the work but also young enough to still want something kinda fun. I have picked the pattern but now it is to decide on the colors that match into HER color scheme of life! LOL

2 - Re-work the graph I had done back at Christmas time for a project I was supposed to have done then and couldnt I looked at it again the other day and reworked the size. In order to add the rows around it I would need to and make it look balanced the blanket would end up being about 7ft x 5.5ft which is just a tad too big!

I think I will stick to just those two things and probably add to it as long as my arm holds up with the first project! :hook

Here I am again for April. I think I'll start with the finish up stuff first. I've got a few other things in the works and need a clean slate to get started. I've got in mind to do a cardigan for my daughter-in-law. I need to find the right yarn. I bought some but it's not going to work so I need to take it back and get a different color.

I am definitely going to corner Anita and get that shrug finished up. I've promised myself I'll finish that before I start Chrissie's Cardigan. I'm also working up a sample for a class I'm planning on doing at AC Moore.

So, I hope to have a productive month. :yes

In April I will:

1. Finish the ripple shrug for a friend. (It's about 80% done and I'm waiting for her to get me a measurment so I can finish.)

2. Finish up some more squares for the Friendship ghan CAL. (5 Done)

3. Do VA scrapghan number 5 of the 20 I'd like to finish this year.

4. Do dishcloth for swap.

It's getting spring time here so my list is short and sweet so I can have more time outside with my yard

In April I will....

~16 8" green squares

~v-stitch baby blanket or baby cocoon next month

~dh flannel-ghan

~bunnies for work need quite a few

~woodsy square blanket finish edging and sew together

April will be busy with the garden going in and I work every weekend... but I hope to

1. My Easter Bag

2. Bag for swap ( 60% finished)

3 Crocheted Easter Eggs

4. 10prs baby booties for preemies ( 2 done today)

5. 1 stash Bucket

Finish the Flannel'aghan I started for my DH

:oops that reminds me I ordered the yarn for dh flannel-ghan!! It should be in next week!!! How is it going together? Is it pretty quick?

i have some baby blankets to make...one of the babies was born last night!! so for baby Morgan (giggle). I am make a RR in Plymouth Encore Colorspun...it's WONDERFUL stuff to work with...so fluffy!!

the other is in the same yarn but different color scheme...

I believe one of my mom's pool league teammates needs a pink baby blanket also...

post-37461-135897645378_thumb.jpg

1. Weave in the ends of my friend's blanket and get it mailed.

2. Finish one Front side of my knitted hoodie.

3. Put in some rows in mom's cardigan.

4. Start another vest before it gets too warm to wear.

5. Heart Purses - 75% done

6. Hubby asked me to crochet something for a friend who gave us a dog.

I picked the pattern for my nieces quilted afghan. I am now having second thoughts about it. I am scared it is going to be too busy :( I bought the yarn last night.. It is going to be a bolt of color to say the least!

I counted my squares to make, etc so I am ready to go... except my crochet hooks are missing! EEK!!!! I have almost 500 2.5" squares to make, sew together, and finish with her birthday being the 19th!

I have almost 500 2.5" squares to make, sew together, and finish

:scared:confused....good luck!!! :devil I did the criss-cross two years ago and still need to tuck some tails in.

Melissa...what round ripple pattern are you using?? I really like the way it turns out....Morgan like it too, eh? Does he pre-approve all your work before it goes out?? LOL

:scared:confused....good luck!!! :devil I did the criss-cross two years ago and still need to tuck some tails in.

Melissa...what round ripple pattern are you using?? I really like the way it turns out....Morgan like it too, eh? Does he pre-approve all your work before it goes out?? LOL

morgan preapproves most of my work...

http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html

this is it...

Am making 9" squares for at least 3-4 sampler baby afghans to donate to local NICUs, as I finish up my designs for my Charity Crochet Along. Just finishing up square #22, only need 16 per blanket but don't have enough of one color combo yet for a whole blanket, and have many more squares to design. But I always seem to have 3-5 squares on the hooks so I am well on my way.

Then I will make a Carrot Rattle for her baby brother who is due in early May.

Do you have a pattern for the Carrot Rattle? What do you use inside for the rattle sound? Someone gave my 1 year old a crocheted carrot rattle for Christmas which I have thought of copying. I had trouble tracking down the rattle inserts, even online, so I ended up going to the $1 Store and found little plastic maze party favors with beebees inside and rattle shower favors (with their handles broken off) for a nice rattle sound.

A couple weeks ago I ended up making a set of fruit rattles (apple, banana, orange, and little shopping bag) for friend's 1 year old. I used the 2 types of party favors as well as a small plastic ball from the toy machines filled with jingle bells, so each fruit had a different sound. Fun project.

The carrot rattle pattern is available on the Lionbrand website.

The suggest a large Jingle bell for the noise maker in the rattle.

I know some 'villers have used plastic cat toys in baby rattles.

My yarn is in for the flannelghan!! I changed my list around too, I need to finish a solid granny woodsy color throw.

ok, so what is a flannelghan?

My yarn is in for the flannelghan!! I changed my list around too, I need to finish a solid granny woodsy color throw.

Finished up the bag part now need to do the straps on a swap bag I am doing.... I have been crocheting a gazillion miniature easter eggs in thread and they are the sweetest little things... I am now thinking my nephew and niece need a set to egg hunt with ( they are toddlers)

Archived