Picked up a new crochet book...

While I was at JoAnn's today, I was looking through all the books, wanting to find one with a good variety of borders for afghans and such. I picked up one that looked good, flipped through it, put it in my cart. Then I was looking at some other books, picked up another one with squares. I ended up going with just the borders one for now but planned to get the squares book later.

Then...I looked at the name on the books. Jean Leinhauser! I blinked and read it again and said "I know that name! I've seen her post on the 'ville!!"

So, Thanks Jean for a great book on borders! (I picked up 50 Crocheted Afghan Borders). I've already earmarked a few of them for future blankets. :D

(not sure if this should have been posted in another spot or not)

It is always great to find new books with useful patterns in them...I am going to Amazon to look up that book, sounds great. Thank you or sharing!!

I have a couple of old books on borders/edgings. I've even used a booklet of lace edgings (for hankies) to make borders on square baby afghans, square is a square, right :lol. I love looking at new books to get ideas. I new of Jean before I joined the 'ville, think I even have some of her books.

Ellie 13

I have quite a number of books by Jean Leinhauser and she is really nice when I have e mailed her with some questions in different books. She is a true professional.

LI Roe

Jean is very faithful to answer on the Crochet Help section here, too. Not only are her books lovely, but she is also willing to share what she knows and to help us figure out problems!

Archived