Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi all. Quick pop in from the iPod, so it's hard to check posts but I will try later if I can keep my eyes open. I hope you are all doing well. Oh, I finished my algebra final and got 50/56 correct. It was good enough to squeak me by with a C- (I think) that's just my estimate so keep your fingers crossed. Have a good evening all!

:clap:clap:clap WTG on the Algebra--that was always a subject that gave me the hardest time- Fingers crossed that you squeak by with the C-!!!

How are you feeling?

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Julie, we will hit over a 100 here this weekend. I don't do HOT either. icky.

Tab, glad the finals are over. Hopefully you can relax a bit now.

Joanne, I was never good with math in school. At one time though, I had my own CPA business, go figure. But, I never had to deal with the algebra stuff, thank goodness.

Races on, just taking quick break. Working on a cotton SBT.

Julie, we will hit over a 100 here this weekend. I don't do HOT either. icky.

Tab, glad the finals are over. Hopefully you can relax a bit now.

Joanne, I was never good with math in school. At one time though, I had my own CPA business, go figure. But, I never had to deal with the algebra stuff, thank goodness.

Races on, just taking quick break. Working on a cotton SBT.

For the record, I don't do HOT either!!!!

Yankees won!!! I finished a Baby Bubbles blanket for the stroller so tomorrow I can get back to what I love making- a SBT!!!!!:yay

Good morning, peeps!

Sod is watered, Lucy is taking a nap, tg, and I have a few minutes for myself. An easy way to get her in from the yard to start setting up the sprinker....:lol

Jude

I agree, Lucy is growing so fast ! Wow, she looks half grown already .

At 40 pounds you're not far off! and she's barely 4 months old! She keeps forgetting she doesn't have to jump up on Sparkie anymore to reach his neck:lol

Judy, loved, loved, loved the furple photos. Lucy is sure growing!

If Sparkie is anything like my laid back Rio, when he has had enough, he lets Shasta know. That ends it, usually.

He's given her a moment or two where she steps back...then jumps right back in at him:lol

Lucy and Sparkie are like Rio and Shasta, they love each other and insist that running from living room through dining room to kitchen growly playing is the thing to do :lol Good thing it's a straight though shot!

We hava center hall colonial - lots of skidding has gone on around the corners over the years:lol:lol:lol

For the record, I don't do HOT either!!!!

Me neither!:P

Yankees won!!! I finished a Baby Bubbles blanket for the stroller so tomorrow I can get back to what I love making- a SBT!!!!!:yay

Pictures??? Pretty please?

Pictures??? Pretty please?

Ask and you shall receive:lol

Pictures of what I've been up to- 3 SBT's- Yellow and a variegated cotton; Delft blue and soft white, Delft blue and French Country. Also made a granny stripe boutique bag and the stroller blanket (Baby bubbles pattern) for Ryan- the grey and green look good together and match the stroller, but it's hard to see the true color in the pics)

post-27163-13589767195_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897671953_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897671956_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897671959_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897671963_thumb.jpg

Good morning my friends. John was off early to help with the guys working on the roof again today. Kim and I plan to go to Golden Corrale for lunch later. They have a senior special from 1:00 to 3:00 that is a super good price. And their food is yummy. And Kim loves to people watch while we are there. Not to mention their fabulous desserts.

I finished the Quilt Challenge quilt last night. It's in the dryer right now. As are the prayer shawl and Uglee Dolls. Lots of things to send off. The back of new prayer shawl is 3/4 done now, too. It's funny how I seem to go for weeks with nothing completed and then POW a whole bunch of things are finished up all at once.

Hi all. Quick pop in from the iPod, so it's hard to check posts but I will try later if I can keep my eyes open. I hope you are all doing well. Oh, I finished my algebra final and got 50/56 correct. It was good enough to squeak me by with a C- (I think) that's just my estimate so keep your fingers crossed. Have a good evening all!

Congratulations on the score on the final and good luck with the final grade.

My baby brother, his wife, me and my men...

Fabulous picture, Judy.

Ask and you shall receive:lol

Pictures of what I've been up to- 3 SBT's- Yellow and a variegated cotton; Delft blue and soft white, Delft blue and French Country. Also made a granny stripe boutique bag and the stroller blanket (Baby bubbles pattern) for Ryan- the grey and green look good together and match the stroller, but it's hard to see the true color in the pics)

Wow! You have been super busy. They all look great. :yay

Toni- Here are pictures of the containers I got for my recent yarn score!

Oh, I like those!

Congrats on finishing the quilt, Linda!!!!! Enjoy your lunch (and of course dessert)!!!!

Off to get ready and do some of the dreaded housecleaning that I don't want to do since in my head I'm on vacation!!! But it needs doing, so off I go!!!

hI tAB

gOOD JOB ON THE ALGEBRA TEST . i'LL HAVE TO AGREE, IT WASNT MY FAVORITE SUBJECT EITHER .

mORNING jOANNE

mORNING tONI

sTAY COOL DOWN THERE .

~~pARDON MY TYPING -DIDNT REALIZE i HAD IT ON caps TIL i LOOKED AT THE SCREEN .wILL CORRECT IT ON NEXT POST .

Joanne

I bet your grandbaby is gonna have the best package full of crocheted items in the world !

Was the picture of the diaper cake your girl's baby shower or someone else's ?

I was trying to remember and too lazy to search through the posts to look for it again .

Jude

WOW -- your brother certainly is a tall drink of water ! His wife looks very nice and friendly .

Linda

Sounds like you are right on track and completing lots of items,and also going to have a good lunch .

Joanne

I like the baskets you got for your yarn , and your projects all look great . The afghan looks nice and squishy . I like patterns like that ,that have texture in them .

Joanne

I bet your grandbaby is gonna have the best package full of crocheted items in the world !

Was the picture of the diaper cake your girl's baby shower or someone else's ?

I was trying to remember and too lazy to search through the posts to look for it again .

Yup, the diaper cake was for my DD's shower- a friend of mine at work helped me since she's made several of them. We stayed after work one day and had lots of fun making it. So far, Ryan has 3 blankets from me. I put the blue/brown RR in a blue/brown SBT that my middle DD helped me to line. DD loved that it matched the baby blanket!!!

I never did get the baseball one done though- but maybe that'll be for his first birthday!!!:lol

I like the baskets too, especially since they have lids on them. This way I can leave them out in the family room and they look way better than a plastic tote! I like blankets with texture- AND blankets that are EASY to make!!!

Good afternoon ladies,

Judy, you have a nice family.

Tab, good job on the algebra.

Joanne, nice bags and blankets.

Julie, stay cool. I don't do hot either.

Well, I'm going to start back on the yarn and the wips. I do hope I get done and don't get distracted. lol

Marisa, have fun!

Joanne, the bags and blanket look great! Your work is always so pretty.

Linda I looked back and saw your quilt...fantastic job!

Jude

WOW -- your brother certainly is a tall drink of water ! His wife looks very nice and friendly .

Told ya he was 6'8":lol:lol:lol

His wife is even nicer and more friendly than she looks. To me she's a saint, esp when you hear about the antics her 2 youngest (girls) got into as teens, and that the 20 yo is still doing!!!!

Off I go - an early pizza...hubby went to get it, so time to pull out the spices to go with it....

Yankee game coming up, too:D

Life is good...simple, but good.:)

Yup, the diaper cake was for my DD's shower- a friend of mine at work helped me since she's made several of them. We stayed after work one day and had lots of fun making it. So far, Ryan has 3 blankets from me. I put the blue/brown RR in a blue/brown SBT that my middle DD helped me to line. DD loved that it matched the baby blanket!!!

I never did get the baseball one done though- but maybe that'll be for his first birthday!!!:lol

Hey if you miss one there's always another next year. :lol

Hi ladies, just a quick stop to let u know we made it safely last night....i saw some great pics of uglee dolls, a shawl, some totes, and judys family :)

Glad you had a safe trip Marisa.

Good afternoon ladies,

Well, I'm going to start back on the yarn and the wips. I do hope I get done and don't get distracted. lol

Good luck on the sorting and not getting distracted. :lol

Kim and I are back from lunch. It was wonderful. Kim ate all her dressing with gravy and sweet potato casserole and turned up her nose at everything else. I think she was saving room for dessert. She ate bread pudding and all the chocolate cake pieces that had chocolate frosting on them. :lol :lol :lol

The shawl, Uglee dolls, and quilt all went to UPS while we were out and will be at their destinations by Thursday. Yay! Beats the deadlines that the two with deadlines had with time to spare! :woo I spent the extra money to get back comments on my quilt and a copy of the traveling entries. Will mine win anything? Probably not, but at least I'll get to see what did. And part of them I'll get to see in person at the Quilt Expo here in October. :woo Now on to other projects. :D

Hi Val ~

Good luck with the rest of your sorting .

Jude

Simple life is definitely the best. No hassles, peace and quiet . Perfect .

Linda

I bet it's a good feeling to get all that stuff mailed and completed .

Kim sounds like someone who knows what is GOOD . Hit the GRAVY and the CAKE . Two of the best things you can eat . I like gravy so much, I'd almost put it ON the cake .

Afternoon. Haven't felt up to par all day. Did go to sit with the mama to give my sister a break and then home and lay down most of the day. Could really do it again, but feel guilty when I do.

Races will be on later and I'll crochet. Other than that, not much happening here.

Joanne, glad the Yanks won! :yay, love the SBT's and the baby bubble blankie, and I really love those containers except you can't see what's in them!!! :lol

Judy, it's fun when the furples skid and slide and growly play. They give us so much pleasure. Love the photo of your family! Good looking bunch! As for life being a simple life, it's the best kind of life I can think of!

Linda, :yay on finishing the quilt and all the other things. It's a good feeling! Your lunch sounds yummy and I don't blame Kim for saving room for dessert :lol Glad you made the deadlines and got everything mailed. Good job!

Marisa, glad you made it safe and sound! Have a great weekend!

Val, glad to see you check in. We do have a lot that don't do HOT in the house. I will be so glad when fall gets here. Now, wonder how many WIPs caught your attention this time :rofl

Have a great evening everyone! Not sure if I'll be back or not.

Archived