Pineapple Ornament Cover

champygirl

Please send me a pm if you find any errors.

Happy Crocheting. :hook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pineapple Ornament Cover
post-11825-135897625208_thumb.jpg
Copyright to champygirl February 5, 2011

Materials:

Size 10 thread
Size 6 steel hook (1.80mm) (size 7 steel hook would work too)
A round ball shape ornament (preferably the shatterproof ones)*
Tapestry needle (to weave in ends)

*I bought mine at Wal-mart, there were 24 in each package. They were the medium size ones.

Different Stitches:

Treble Crochet (TC)- Yarn over 2 times, insert hook in specified st, yarn over, pull up a loop, [yarn over, pull thru 2 loops] Do this3 times.

Note: Ornament is worked from the top down.

Directions:

Rnd 1: Ch14, join with sl st to first chain to form ring, ch3, 24 TC in ring, join with sl st to first TC.
(24 TC) (Beginning ch3 does not count as TC)

Make sure at this point that the hanging part of ornament will fit thru the hole.

Rnd 2: Ch2, 1 dc in same st as joining, 2 dc in each of the next 4 sts, 1 dc in next st, [ch2, 1 dc in next st, 2 dc in each of the next 4 sts, 1 dc in next st] Do this 3 times, ch2, join with sl st to first dc.
(40dc, 4-ch2 spaces) (Beginning ch2 does not count as dc)

Rnd 3: Sl st in each of the next 3 sts, ch2, 1 dc in same st as last sl st, 1 dc in each of the next 3 sts, ch2, skip next 3 sts, 7 dc in next ch2 space, [ch2, skip next 3 sts, 1 dc in each of the next 4 sts, ch2, skip next 3 sts, 7 dc in next ch2 space] Do this 3 times, ch2, skip next 3 sts, join with sl st to first dc.
(44dc, 8-ch2 spaces) (Beginning ch2 does not count as dc)

Rnd 4: Sl st in next st, ch1, 1 hdc in same st, 1 hdc in next st, ch2, skip next st and next ch2 space, 1 hdc in next st, [ch1, 1 hdc in next st] Do this 6 times, {ch2, skip next ch2 space and next st, 1 hdc in each of the next 2 sts, ch2, skip next st and next ch2 space, 1 hdc in next st, [ch1, 1 hdc in next st] Do this 6 times} Do this 3 times, ch2, skip next ch2 space and next st, join with sl st to first hdc.
(36hdc, 24- ch1 spaces, 8-ch2 spaces)

Rnd 5: Ch3, 1 dc in next st, ch2, skip next ch2 space and next st, 1 sc in next ch1 space, [ch2, skip next st, 1 sc in next ch1 space] Do this 5 times, {ch2, skip next st and next ch2 space, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, ch2, skip next ch2 space and next st, 1 sc in next ch1 space, [ch2, skip next st, 1 sc in next ch1 space] Do this 5 times} Do this 3 times, ch2, skip next st, and next ch2 space, join with sl st to top of beginning ch3.
(24sc, 8dc, 28-ch2 spaces) (Beginning ch3 counts as dc)

Rnd 6: Ch3, 1 dc in next st, ch2, skip next ch2 space and next st, 1 sc in next ch2 space, [ch2, skip next st, 1 sc in next ch2 space] Do this 4 times, {ch2, skip next st and next ch2 space, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, ch2, skip next ch2 space and next st, 1 sc in next ch2 space, [ch2, skip next st, 1 sc in next ch2 space] Do this 4 times} Do this 3 times, ch2, skip next st and next ch2 space, join with sl st to top of beginning ch3.
(20sc, 8dc, 24-ch2 spaces) (Beginning ch3 counts as dc)

Rnd 7: Ch3, 1 dc in next st, ch2, skip next ch2 space and next st, 1 sc in next ch2 space, [ch2, skip next st, 1 sc in next ch2 space] Do this 3 times, {ch2, skip next st and next ch2 space, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, ch2, skip next ch2 space and next st, 1 sc in next ch2 space, [ch2, skip next st, 1 sc in next ch2 space] Do this 3 times} Do this 3 times, ch2, skip next st and next ch2 space, join with sl st to top of beginning ch3.
(16sc, 8dc, 20-ch2 spaces) (Beginning ch3 counts as dc)

Fit ornament cove over ornament now or after Rnd 8.

Rnd 8: Ch3, 1 dc in next st, ch2, skip next ch2 space and next st, 1 sc in next ch2 space, [ch2, skip next st, 1 sc in next ch2 space] Do this 2 times, {ch2, skip next st and next ch2 space, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, ch2, skip next ch2 space and next st, 1 sc in next ch2 space, [ch2, skip next st, 1 sc in next ch2 space] Do this 2 times} Do this 3 times, ch2, skip next st and next ch2 space, join with sl st to top of beginning ch3.
(12sc, 8dc, 16-ch2 spaces) (Beginning ch3 counts as dc)

Rnd 9: Ch3, 1 dc in next st, ch2, skip next ch2 space and next st, 1 sc in next ch2 space, ch2, skip next st, 1 sc in next ch2 space, [ch2, skip next st and next ch2 space, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, ch2, skip next ch2 space and next st, 1 sc in next ch2 space, ch2, skip next st, 1 sc in next ch2 space] Do this 3 times, ch2, skip next st and next ch2 space, join with sl st to top of beginning ch3,
(8sc, 8dc, 12-ch2 spaces) (Beginning ch3 counts as dc)

Rnd 10: Ch3, 1 dc in next st, ch2, skip next ch2 space and next st, 1 sc in next ch2 space, [ch2, skip next st and next ch2 space, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, ch2, skip next ch2 space and next st, 1 sc in next ch2 space] Do this 3 times, ch2, skip next st and next ch2 space, join with sl st to top of beginning ch3.
(4sc, 8dc, 8-ch2 spaces)

Rnd 11: Ch3, 1 dc in next st, skip next ch2 space, 1 dc in next st, [skip next ch2 space, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, skip next ch2 space, 1 dc in next st] Do this 3 times, skip next ch2 space, join with sl st to top of beginning ch3.
(12dc) (Beginning ch3 counts as dc)

Note: Do not work into actual dc, work into space between them.

Rnd 12: Ch1, 1 sc in between each dc around, join with sl st to first sc.
(12sc)

Rnd 13: [skip next st, sl st in next st] Do this 5 times, skip next st, join with sl st to joining sl st to Rnd 12.

Finish off and weave in ends.

Enjoy!!!!

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl February 5, 2011. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. It is free for a reason. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

beautiful i have a box of shatterproof ornaments that i bought after christmas...so on sale. I am making them as gifts for my family This is perfect for my Stepmother who makes only pineapple doilies...never crochets anything else.

• 6 years later...

Archived