Well I have been busy

yvetteg

I haven't been here for awhile as I been hooking like crazy to get ready for Christmas I finished my last gift on Thursday Morning and been finishing up with writing cards and wrapping gifts finished gift wrapping and I think I am done writing cards but Let me show you what I have been doing First few photos are the Hats, Scarfs and Mittens I have been making for christmas there is 24 sets of Hats and scarfs or Hats and Mittens. Last photo is One of my very Helpful furry pals lol

post-42382-135897607821_thumb.jpg

post-42382-135897607826_thumb.jpg

post-42382-135897607828_thumb.jpg

post-42382-13589760783_thumb.jpg

post-42382-135897607833_thumb.jpg

lol well that's not all i made these past few weeks I showed one girl a finished seaman's cap and she ordered one for her girl since then I have had orders quite a bit I think in the past few weeks I made at least ten hats to order and two scarfs and not in the picture is four hats and two hat and scarf sets that I did for gifts at the nursing home I work at.

As for Crocheting the cat I have two and a few of these past days they have sandwiched me making it hard to work. Bubba is a male and I adopted him almost two years ago I was told at the time that an older gentleman went into the nursing home and the person who was supposed to care for him threw him out and Bubba was living on someones screened patio. My other cat is named Smudge and If I ever get to be a business I will be called Smudge Designs

Wow Yvette you sure have been soooo busy and they all look great...

Congratulations on all your sets and on your orders too...

Which Hat pattern did you use that hat looks like it would look great on any kind of head.

hugs

Lillibet

The furbaby is lovely ...

I used a pattern our of a book called Cool Crocheted Hats its called Ragg Yarn Watch Cap how ever I just used worsted weight yarn and added 3-4 more rows to get the length I wanted I have also added a Pompom on a couple and used a smaller hook to get a smaller size for kids I have actually done 3 patterns out of this book one is the Open Diamond Shell that has a flower in the side it looks almost like a flappers hat out of the 20's and I have also don the Sunshiny Day Bucket I have plans to do a few more patterns out of this book. How ever there is many patterns I am not fond of or just isn't the style that most folks I know would wear.

Wow, your family and friends will sure stay warm this winter season, all thanks to you! Thanks for sharing all your fun hats and scarves -- I know the recipients will just love their handmade outerwear! P.S. Love your "kitty help" too! :)

Archived